Ratings for Dr. Sidney L. Myles

Dr. Myles is very uninformed about the medicine he prescribes. I soon found out that a drug he prescribed me as needed for severe anxiety attacks (buspar) does not work as needed, and should be taken at the same time every single day in order to work. Dr. Myles also put me on Wellbutrin and Celexa for my depression and general anxiety, even though I had informed him of bad interactions with ssris. He was insistent on this treatment. After a few weeks I was having severe side effects (numbness in limbs and extreme headaches). My GP said this was probably serotonin sickness from the SSri - the one I had assured him would cause problems, as zoloft and lexapor had made me extremely ill before. When I called Dr. Myles he told me to stop taking it immediately. When I went back for my monthly checkup, I told him that my GP instructed me that buspar should be used daily and consistently to work. This caused my paranoia and anxiety to decrease drastically, but because of PTSD I was still having extreme panic attacks. For the panic attacks I was given Doxepin. Dr. Myles exact words were "if I remember correctly, this can be used to treat panic attacks". I quickly found that doxepin impaired me when I took it for panic attacks, resulting in my anxiety increasing. I was then told by a friend that taking a drug like Ativan could be used to panic attacks. Dr. Myles flat out refused to even discuss this method. He said that if the doxepin and buspar didn't stop panic attacks, he would take me off of wellbutrin and buspar (the two drugs that had improved my life SO much) and put me on an SSRI only treatment. I knew then that I had to find another doctor. Dr. Myles was more devoted to his personal preference to consider treatments that were proven to improve panic attacks and PTSD symptoms. Would NOT recommend to anyone with PTSD and especially not those who have anxiety attacks. This doctor will not help you if SSRI's do not work, and doesn't show confidence in his belief that his own ideas will yield positive results.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

A compassionate person who is very professional. He is genuinely concerned about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

His office has an unreliable billing agency. My insurance claims were always messed up. Getting refills on my medications was often an issue and would not be addressed for up to a week. When I needed to be referred to another specialist, it took nearly a month for his office to send the office notes to the specialist for them to schedule my appointment. Often I had a pleasant experience with his staff. I found myself frequently having to ask for his office manager to get things done. She was always helpful with getting my issues resolved and would go over and beyond to ensure my issues were taken care of. I have since found another physician and to date, Dr. Myles office still has not sent my medical records even after signing the release and having made several follow up calls requesting them. I have heard through the community that he doesn't do his notes. Starting over with a physician wasn't easy but now I'm glad I did. I've since learned his office ended up closing and that he went to work for Catawba hospital as a psychiatrist. I am happy with my new physician who takes time with me and addresses my concerns and I no longer need to go through the office manager to get things done.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

God bless this man. He's trying his best to get me straightened out. He's got his hands full, but he never gives up.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

There is nothing professional about him or his staff.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

After my first visit I thought I had found a Dr. that heard me and I was on a great plan. However each visit the Dr. Recommended changing my medications. This lead to uneasy feelings and added anxiety. Leading up to a major surgery, I experienced several panic attacks. The office called and cancelled my scheduled appointment one week before my surgery leaving me with no advice after all the effects of the string of medication side effects and severe anxiety. The receptionist relayed the Dr.'s message to "calm down". He offered no help, not even a book recommendation while out on medical leave. I've wasted time and money with a "Dr." Who has zero compassion for his patients in their desperate time of need.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

My husband is a patient and Dr Myles has been wonderful to us both. He has helped get the proper medications that work together. Greg had became very grey in skintone and passed out with no warning. Glad that is behind us! Jane Willis

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Very good office staff and I love the Dr. Dr Myles is very caring and gives you a lot of time and personal attention. Understands the mind/body connection. Very detailed and explores family history and everything.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

Dr. Myles is my internist and psychiatrist so I see him quite often. He is the most caring, concerned, knowledgeable physician I have ever met. After seeing three other psychiatrist before him, I found out about him while looking for an internist, and found out after a couple visits about his practicing psychiatry. This man has literally saved my life. He always knows exactly what to say for me to live my life and want to. He is an awesome man and will always be my God-sent "Angel". My husband and daughter feel the same way and now see him, too. We could use more people and physicians like him!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr.Myles is a fairly new doctor in Hickory. He was highly recommended to me by my GYN doctor. He is certified in internal medicine and phycharity. He has a wonderful staff who are very helpful when I call for answers to questions. He is usually on time for all appointments. He takes time to listen to all of my problems and is very knowledgable in his fields. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2007

Dr. Sidney L. Myles's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)