Ratings for Dr. John M. Keggi

My new hip and I would like to thank Dr. Keggi for the excellent surgery outcome as well as being so very nice and caring. I tell everyone I talk to that he is the one to go to for hips. Thank you for helping me walk without pain again.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2019

I would Recommend Doctor John Keggi to anyone that needs a hip or knee operation. As far as I am concerned he is the best and his staff is also great. He and his staff have excellent bedside manners. He listens to you as also his staff. It’s not like or Doctors that comes in just for 5 minutes and leaves. He and his staff will talk to you and make sure your concerns are understood and taken care of.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

The Hartford Front office staff was not friendly at all and does not know the relationship with Medicaid and Medicare, if you have one of these plans don't bother going to the office if you do they may send you home like our 85 year old father. They are not opened minded staff.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Recently had Birmingham hip resurfacing done by Dr. John Keggi at St Francis Hospital. Dr. Keggi, his office staff and all the staff, from Admission through discharge were, without exception, outstanding. In particular, they were organized, professional, polite, precise and clearly explained all the steps in the process.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I would go to someone else for knee surgery as Dr. Keggi has a high rate of complications with this surgery.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

He has excellent bedside manners couldn't ask for a better doctor

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Deals well enough with the obvious. Overlooks signs of further trouble. Watch your symptoms in months following operation, bring them to his attention, and if nothing is done, see another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Very helpful doctor and staff. Worth the wait to see doctor - he takes as much time as necessary and answers all questions. No pressure for surgery.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Keggi replaced my right hip and within 2 weeks I was shopping at Costco. Within another week I was carrying the cane just for "show". Altho the 2 week recovery hurts a lot, there was no pain after that. Dr. Keggi was wonderful and left me with a scar better than some of my cosmetic surgery. And he is a nice guy, too.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Had my knee replaced over 20 years ago and when I started to have problems with the knee I believed him when he said there was nothing wrong. Well the knee that had a scab on it for 9 months was really infected and all of the old hardware had to be removed and I had to stay in the hospital for aprox. a month. Now they cannot fix the knee and I am in a nursing home thanks to his don't worry attitude.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. John M. Keggi's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1988)