Ratings for Dr. Lina M. Takano

Dr. Takano shows true concern and compassion for her patients. She is always attention and spends a good amount of time with me. She is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I absolutely love Dr. Takano! She has been my doc for over 5 yrs & has always been extremely thorough, knowledgeable, kind, caring & a great listener. She has always been willing to approach symptoms or concerns with an open mind in an effort to make an accurate diagnosis. I was crushed to learn she will no longer be at Portland Clinic. If I had Kaiser insurance, I would follow her to her new practice in a heartbeat. If you read this Dr. T, thank you for all your great care & service! Best to you in your new practice location. - Jennifer Bohn

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

After going to this doctor for nearly 4 years, she refused to issue me a refill on a very important and necessary prescription after my purse was stolen. This is the first time I've ever lost a prescription. I would feel very uneasy going back to a doctor who's fine with letting me go without a prescription for a month knowing full well how much it endangers my health.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Takano now for many years. She's a good listener, and never makes you feel rushed. She doesn't rush to over-prescribe drugs if you don't need them, which I always appreciate. She doesn't have "doctor arrogance" which I so often get frustrated by. I feel I am in safe hands with her. I feel that she respects her patients, and is happy to do what's necessary but will not be excessive, (which works well for me, I don't need excessive). Also, for what it's worth, ladies: she does a very gentle pap, always a plus.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Where do I start? I made multiple visits to see this doctor who never listened to what I said and insisted on treating me for a condition that I did not have because "it might be a factor." She was condescending and impatient. She told me that if I was fatigued then I needed to get more sleep. Insomnia was part of my problem! She told me that if I wanted my symptoms to get better then I needed to exercise - but I was fatigued! I was a fitness fanatic until overnight I became exhausted and sick. I did take all the tests she suggested and when there were no results she actually said to me "Well, we aren't miracle workers, what do you suggest I do?" I suggest she practice medicine, do some research, or at least try to treat my symptoms. I am so disappointed because I feel like she didn't care at all, and never even tried to help me. She acted as if my symptoms were all in my head. I went to another doctor and thy immediately established a treatment plan.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

listens well, good sense of humor, carring

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Relaxed is a good way to describe her. However, she needs to ask more questions. She is good at following up on what interests her, namely blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar, the bread and butter of internists. But she was not at all in tune with this patient. Some things were not right with me--I had some odd problems going on when I came to her and she knew it--but she NEVER asked, NEVER reached out, NEVER checked back, not once. However, I know doctors don't have time for that anymore--they can only deal with immediate, clear-cut problems or ones that are on the doctor's own list. Certainly I would recommend her to (for) someone else. She seems quite knowledgeable and was thorough in ordering blood tests. Requests for prescriptions, appointments, records, etc. were always handled efficiently.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Very relaxed, took the time to talk with me.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr. Lina M. Takano's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)