Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Gurland

He's helpful knowledgeable orthopedic hand surgeon

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

We could not be happier with the results of my husband 's hand surgery. Dr. Gurland is knowledgeable, kind, & an an incredible surgeon. We would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Wrist surgery in 1998, we are 16 years later and if it weren't for this amazing surgeon I would never have returned to work as a police officer. Dr Gurland is not quick to do surgery if it can wait, he has no ego and is happy to recommend you to someone else if it isn't within his specialty. Look no further, my first surgery was in NEW YORK CITY by the best hand surgeon. Six years later Dr. Gurland repaired someone else's mess. There are others, and I'm sure they are good, but if it is great you want, have him take of it.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

He seemed to know what he was doing - however he has ZERO personality. He didn't even look at me while I described my pain. I won't be going back...

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

As a physician I was concerned about being unable to work following Carpal Tunnel surgery. I did much research into many physicians and techniques. Dr. Gurland made me feel at ease with my procedure and was very accomodating to my schedule and quick return to work. I was able to resume my own surgical procedures only 6 days following his procedure. I am now cleared to play golf, tennis and weight training only 2 months post-op. His knowledge, surgical skills and bedside manner should be a standard for others to follow. I look forward to having my other hand repaired in the near future and wouldn't use anyone other than Dr. Gurland! His staff was very accomodating and there were no insurance issues to deal with. He helped to make a scary problem into a routine procedure!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Gurland is the best hand surgeon you will ever meet. He is caring, compassionate, and is everything that you want in a doctor. He is the best in his field as I know from experience.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Gurland is a terrific doctor. I had carpel tunnel surgery years ago with "NY's'best" and had to have a lot of physical therapy, wore an arm contraption etc. Dr Gurland recently did my other hand and in 11 days I was skiing, no need for physical therapy etc. He is caring, modest, spends the time with with his patients and donates his skills to help the less fortunate. What more could you want?

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Saw Dr.Gurland following auto accident. Was referred by cousin, a demanding IC Head nurse who was familiar with many MDs' reputations. He was in fact one of most caring and accomplished MDs I've ever come across. Is also a leader in cutting edge techniques, and donates his skills to the unfortunate. I couldn't have been more impressed.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Gurland has been helping me with my hand since i was 6 months old,AND NOW I AM 18 YEARS OLD.And now i am very happy with my hand now ans i can do alot more with my hand then what i was able to do.So THANK YOU DR.GURLAND. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT YOU ARE MY HAND DOCTOR

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

This doctor is a orthopedic hand specialist. He has an office in Englewood & Hackensack NJ. I have had 3 visits with this doctor over the last 3 years. At 15 minutes each I can not tell you much more. He seems all right & knowledgeable from what I know so far. I was hoping to get some information from this site but I did not see his name listed among the doctors. I added his name so I could make you aware of him. I hope you could have him listed & rated in the future. I will have to decide on who to have operate on my had in the near future.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

Dr. Mark A. Gurland's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Kaiser-Permanente