Ratings for Dr. Faina Akselrod

The doctor is nice but her office staff members are terrible. They loose my medical file with my social security number in it and they just laugh. Never ever would go there.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Firstly, the staff is rude and unprofessional; they have never returned my calls and voicemails about authorizing a prescription (requested with substantial time in advance of it needing to be refilled--AND with additional requests from my pharmacy), and after getting in touch with the doctor in order to do so (this was somehow only manageable on the very day that I had to start a new monthly dosage, as my calls were simply not being answered), I was very rudely dismissed and told to call the office at a later time and see them in person, thus missing my first day of a birth control pack. The doctor was just as rude and defensive as her staff. It would have been nice to know that I was supposed to come to them in person (though this was never a requirement in the past and no one has bothered to notify me on this particular occasion that I had to come for a check-up...after listening to my voicemails). After emphasizing how important it was for me to take my medication on a daily basis, she dismissed my concerns and showed absolutely no patience or empathy. I understand that a provider should always come to the defense of his/her office staff and balance a lot of responsibilities, but I was honestly shocked by the lack of courtesy and respect towards a concerned client. It is truly a shame because I have heard such wonderful things about her before becoming a patient and my experience with her in person has been decent. Unfortunately, the incident with the careless handling of the prescription is enough to change my opinion permanently.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Staff are terrible!!! Blonde with short hair is extremely rude and not helpful at all, all she does it screaming at patients!! Waiting takes forever! You can sit and wait for 1,5 hours. Doctor seems knowledgable but very rushing. Dont go to this doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Very good experience, highly recommend to other patients

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I am sorry to give this review but it's a no go . I kept asking questions and you could tell she was annoyed. She was kinda rushing me and kept reminding me that my insurance doesn't pay for infertility advice and she will only speak on the subject that pays her . She will not give anything extra if there is no money involved. Believe me . If you can go to a different dr don't go there.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr.Akselrod is amazing. She does all she can to help everyone, and everyone who's saying that her staff sûck well your wrong you just don't know them

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I have been coming to this doctor for years and every time I go to her I end up searching for new gyn after the fact. The women is ok, pleasant but that's about it! Her office NEVER does a Pap smear ( to test make sure everything is good there). I have been going to her for 5 years and she never did that! I have asked other gynecologists and they look at me as if I have 10 heads. Every gynecologist must perform that. So anyway, this time I come in just to test for UTI, she doesn't even check me and I was there 1 year ago. I asked her to be checked and she says it's ok, don't worry. You serious??? My insurance pays for a visit of urine refs and 2 minute talk with her?! I am disgusted! And once again - searching for new ob/gyn

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I have to agree with those who pointed out that the staff in this office is HORRENDOUS! I like this Doctor and keep coming to this office. During my last appointment I mentioned to her that her staff was rude. She seemed surprised, told me that she would talk to them. Nothing changed. I have just got laughed at and they hang up on me in the middle of me asking a question. Dr. Akselrod, it’s time for you to WAKE UP and fire those condescending losers.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Very very nice and professional doctor. What is GYN exam for the most women?- not a pleasant procedure. However, Akselrod makes it as much comfortable as possible. I literally feel nothing during her exams! Like if I would be at the post office instead of Women's clinic:-). Akselrod is very respectful and polite to her patients. I had no problem with office stuff either, however, waiting time is terrible! I had to wait about couple hours before the doctor saw me. That's the only negative side.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

The staff is the worst I have ever seen in my entire life they are rude disgusting condescending hang up on you put you on hold laugh in your face don't listen to you they are horrible I am shocked they have not lost their pathetic jobs yet but the surely deserve no job at all nasty disgusting human beings the doctor is pretty good

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Dr. Faina Akselrod's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1999)