Ratings for Dr. Jonathon M Lubens

When asking a question, he replied, "because thats the way it is." Called in meds without giving me any instructions. Walgreens called and said your meds are ready. He never told me. Went in for a follow up after surgery, he asked over and over, "when did this happen?" Needed a form for work, he scribbled on a stained up note pad. Never ordered blood work, i had to question this. Office staff was nice but couldnt answer anything over the phone. Oh, was told i had cancer, no handouts, info, websites to look at, nothing!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

This was the WORST doctor I have ever experienced. The only nice thing I can say about it was that the receptionist and nurse were very nice. Dr. Lubens needs to retire. He introduced himself when he came in and halfway through asked if he had introduced himself. He took all notes via pen and paper and kept forgetting what I was saying so I had to repeat myself over and over. My entire reason for going to an endocrinologist was due to the frustrations I have being treated by a primary care physician who would tell me my levels were normal even though I still exhibited all symptoms. My PCP was better than this doctor. I tried to explain to him why I decided to see him and he kept saying that hypothyroidism isn’t the only thing that causes fatigue. Anything I tried to recommend he would dismiss without me finishing the sentence. He just didn’t listen to anything I had to say. I was getting so angry and was on the verge of tears. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. His only recommendation was to prescribe the name brand drug synthroid instead of levothyroxine which I am currently on. Since I need meds, I went along with that and scheduled a follow up. When I went to pick up my prescription, my pharmacy had no record of it being sent to them. Mind you, the script would have been sent electronically. Of course the office is now closed and I will have to call again on Monday. I might not even do that and try to find someone who can make an emergency appointment. I should have known when all other endocrinologists I contacted couldn’t see me until next year and Dr. Lubens was able to get me in a week and half after calling that it was because he sucked!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I have been suffering hormones and resulting neurological problems for 2 years. I saw Dr. lubens about these issues. He does not know anything about hormones. After having an MRI run on my brain and performing a spinal tap(which left me with post-spinal tap sydrome), he said "There is nothing wrong with you that I can see." He does not offer to investigate further nor does he allow the patient to offer personal input or research. Instead, he scoffs at patients' knowledge, despite the fact that he is not intelligent himself, admittedly knows very little about the brain's functioning, and, at times, struggles with speaking English properly. He is German. Save your $256 doctor visit and see anyone else. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

He saw me once, reduced my meds, but didn't ask at all how I was doing, my concerns, my questions. I felt as though he was 'old school' where I should just do what he said. He left the room without answering all my questions.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Very old-school. Medicates based on numbers instead of how you feel. Lab results take up to a week to be phoned to you.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007

Dr. Jonathon M Lubens's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1980)