Ratings for Dr. Demetrios Markouizos

Dr. Markouizos is an excellent Doctor. His passion and care for his patients is rarely found. A unique individual, the doctor provides excellent care. The doctor has been providing excellent individual care for my children for over 15 years.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Best Pediatrician in Astoria. I would not bring my children to any other doctor. I trust his expertise and he is very loving and also has the trust of my children

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Dr. Markouizos has been the only pediatrician for my 22 year old son and 19 year old daughter. He has always provided the best attention to my family and I highly recommend him to any new parent who wants the best for their child. The office is very clean and modern and the staff is always attentive and eager to make a child more comfortable

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Markouizos has been my pediatrician since my children were very little. My children are now in their 20's. I have been very happy with the Doctor's service and attentiveness. He is compassionate and understanding. He has guided me through sickness and hospital stays. Always encouraging, Dr. Markouizos has provided my family with much appreciated guidance.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Dr. Markouizos and his staff are EXCEPTIONAL. We found Dr. Markouizos randomly in the phone book when our son was a newborn and quickly learned what amazing care we would be getting when the doctor sent one of his staff to our home the next day! My son's test results had come back showing dangerous levels of billirubin needing immediate medical attention. When Dr. Markouizos could not get through to us on the phone (the line was tied up), he sent a nurse over to our house to get us to the hospital! In NYC it is amazing to have this kind of small town attention. He has been our son's doctor for 10 years now and has been consistent in this level of care and concern. His manner is warm and compassionate, he has very broad medical experience and good knowledge of local specialists. We can always get an appointment on short notice and quick response to phone inquiries. I feel very, very lucky to have found such terrific care for our son.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

I have been traveling from NJ for 12 years for Dr Markouizos! Diagnosis are 100% and most of all kids love him! Staff is very helpful and appointments are on time! I highly recommend to stop looking for the right office for your children and go straight to this office!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Does not offer options regarding childhood vaccinations and dropped us without discussing the issue or recommending another pediatrician. To me this is unacceptable, considering he made a commitment to us. I cannot comment on his expertise as a medical professional, but for those of you who want a doctor with whom you can discuss issues important to your child's health (not limited to vaccinations) I would go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Markouizos is an EXCELLENT pediatrician ! He was my doctor as a child and now I bring my 3 month old to him ! He's so patient and caring, he makes you feel like family..We love him and highly recommend him ! :)

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

this doctor is very compassionate and caring and will go the extra mile to make sure you are healthy. He is easy to talk your concerns to and also listens. His staff is unremarkably helpful from arranging appointments and helping with anything you need to make sure you get everything before you leave the office. I highly recommend this doctor you will have a positive experience

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

He is an excellent pediatrician. One of the most caring and compassionate doctors you will ever find to take care of your children. I have been with this practice for over 10years and have only good things to say. There new office and location is amazing. I am very lucky to have Dr. M as my pediatrician.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Demetrios Markouizos's Credentials

• Aristotelian Univ Of Thessaloniki, Fac Of Med, Thessaloniki, Greece (Grad. 1983)

UnitedHealthcare