Ratings for Dr. Abbie L. Fields

I LOVE DR. ABBIE FIELDS AND I WAS SO SAD WHEN SHE LEFT NYC, THE BRONX. SHE WAS ALWAYS ATTENTIVE AND VERY PROFESSIONAL! I WAS 20 YEARS OLD WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A MALIGNANT OVARIAN CANCER, IMMATURE TERATOMA. I THOUGHT MY WORLD WAS OVER BUT SHE HELPED ME GET THROUGH THIS!!! THE ENTIRE TEAM HELPED ME GET THOUGH THIS!!! I REMEMBER VISITING THE GREEN GLASS BUILDING ALMOST EVERY WEEK. ELSWORTH WAS MY "GO TO" GUY TO GET THE BLOOD SUCKED OUT OF ME!! BUT EVEN THAT BECAME SOMETHING I WAS ABLE TO DEAL WITH THROUGH OUT MY EXPERIENCE!! I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT MAYBE YOU WERE ALREADY NEGATIVE BEFORE MEETING DR. FIELDS!! I HAVE A WONDERFUL CARING ONCOLOGIST NOW BUT NOTHING LIKE DR. ABBIE FIELDS!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I transferred to Dr. Fields from a different gynecological oncologist because I wanted a doctor who could communicate and explain things. My case is somewhat unusual, and Dr. Fields has been great. She thought deeply about my diagnosis, didn't accept other doctors verdicts and her intervention saved me from a great deal of unnecessary treatment. She is happy to get into detailed discussion with you about treatment options, and she really does care. I would highly recommend her. She works out of Washington Hospital centre , but also is in an office in Rockville ( opposite White Flint) once a week, which may be much more convenient for those in Montgomery county.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Never ever going back to this doctor. She is the worse. I've been calling her for over a month to get my test results. She finally called me, only because I called again and made a fuss. She didn't even apologize for not calling me sooner. Her altitude was non caring. Then I asked her for my results from my pap and she claims I didn't have one, well we will just call the insurance company and see about that. Really disappointed. Now I'm questioning the results she gave me over the phone, I just dont trust her. I'm going to pick doctors somewhere else. Some just dont care anymore. Dont go to her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Fields has since moved to Washington Hospital center. I had a very bad experience with her. I am a BRCA 1 patient and would not recommend her for young women with the BRCA gene. I came into her with concerns about worsening periods, weight gain, and pelvic pain. Not only did she pass me off to her incompetent intern, she called me a 'basket case.' I later went to a decent gynecologist who diagnosed me with PCOS. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Stay away from this doctor. She is very unprofessional. Performed surgery on me that was unnecessary and what should have been a 6-week recovery took over a year because of her lack of surgical expertise and poor follow-up care.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I was fortunate to have Dr. Fields as my surgeon in the summer of 2008. She was highly skilled, compassionate, honest, and caring. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Dr Fields lacked any clinical empathy and did an extremely sloppy surgical job. I have never encountered a doctor whose skill level and bedside manner were as bad as hers. She is very defensive and goes into attack mode if asked questions. I would avoid her at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

specialty is GYN/Oncology

flag | Submitted December 24, 2007

Dr. Abbie L. Fields's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)