Ratings for Dr. James S. Gebhard

I've found him to be unconcerned and certainly NOT honest. My problem was much more involved then he was capable of operating on, even though he told me he had had "great sucess" with surgeries like mine. What was suppose to be a three hour surgery turned into seven hours. I nearly bled to death, and he left a cottonoid in me, accidentally , for which I had to have another surgery seven months later, by another surgeon, to remove. I have permanent nerve damage at S1 nerve root which has left me with a very numb right leg and foot.I have ended up crippled and in worse condition than I was in prior to surgery. Dr. Gebhard, to this day, has not admitted his error and has shown absolutely no concern or remorse for the condition I'm in now. St. Marys hospital paid out thousands of dollars to other doctors and hospitals for my follow-up and removal of the object that was left in me during surgery. THEY brought it to my attention 2months after my surgery, and bent over backwards to prevent a lawsuit. He may of helped some, but going to him instead of a qualified NEUROSURGEON was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I am crippled for the rest of my life, thanks to believing him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

This is the 2nd time I've had a herniated disc. While I was very satisfied 7 years ago with the care I received in another city from another doctor, I feel that the care I received from Dr. Gebhard & staff was even better. Although I was already familiar with what a discectomy would involve, Dr Gebhard & his PA explained my condition and the procedure very thoroughly and answered all my questions clearly at each appointment as well as at the hospital. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend him to anyone with back problems.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

The good Dr. operated on my back with amazing results. I have been blessed to have Dr. Gebhard as my Dr. and to have been fixed by his golden hands. He is the best in his field without a doubt!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I think he does not take the time to explain well what is going on with your back at all. Does he think we are all dummys and don't know how to research our problems now days. Also does not explain what your operation will be about or or other options, very very short.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I did not like doctor gebhard. He did not explain things well at all. Did not take time with me. Was late. Was not respectful or interested in my problem. Said many people had my problem & did not have pain. But he didn't even know my whole history or things about me that caused my particular problem.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. Gebhard is a very conservative physician. He does not perform unneccesary medical procedures. He has been wonderful with me. He takes time to talk with me and he totally gets me. He is honest but thoughtful. I would recommend him to anyone. He has been my lifesaver.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

Dr. James S. Gebhard's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Grand Junction, CO