Ratings for Dr. Chitta Thiagarajah

Dr Thia does not do chronic pain in hip, arm, wrist or knee only back injections and pain pill. When I refused to do injection and wanted to speak with him. Robert scheduled me only to hand me a prescription and said the Dr will not see me because I refused the injection. Wtf! No talking with Dr Thia. What kind of Dr doesn't talk with his patient? He only interested in giving injections. When I saw his PA Andrea Millet in June I told her I had a bad cramping in my left leg. She handed me prescription and said I need an injection. Next day foot went cold and I went to ER. Had to be transfer to vascular surgeon for sent to establish blood flow and eventual femoral tibia bypass. Got home there was a message that the schedule me for injection. Next morning I go to outpatient surgery center, I told receptionist I just got out hospital. She said OK I tell Dr. i stop dr thia as i saw him coming in and told him i was in hospital. He said ok ok. Next thing i know They're running an iv. Luckily b4 they go and put you under they asked was I recently hospitalized which I said yes. So they didn't do the injection. I been with Dr Thia 3years and only spoke with him twice. Worst Dr ever.instead of talking to me as to y I am not wanting the injection he drops me. So much for pain management. My pain was not caused by my back. It was perphial artery disease. If he was any kind of Dr he should have caught it. He only interested in making that $$$ from giving injections. No other pain management. But when your in a small town with a limited supply of doctor who will help a patient Dr Thia treatment is all that avaible. I still am dealing with chronic pain in my hip and wrist. Bad $$$ hungry Dr. Not interested in healing only interested in maintaining steady supply for his injection

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Not only is Dr. Thia very knowledgeable, i love getting the injections because they take my back pain away! The girls who schedule injections in the back are very helpful and sweet and thorough so you know exactly what you're getting. Not changing my pain management anytime soon.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I've been going to Dr Thia for over 5 years, and during that time received the best treatment anyone in acute pain could ask for. His 2 most important employees, Danny Jones PA, and Diana MA are the people who really make the place go, and I'm sure Dr This would agree!! Obviously Pain Management is a rather difficult specialty for a Doctor to practice in, but in the 6 years I've been seeing him I have nothing but high praise for Dr Thia's, Danny Jones, and Diana's professionalism and skills in this specialty.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

One of the best doctors I have seen. He is very thorough and compassionate.. But he never tolerates people who demand narcotics. That is why some people do not like him. i have had only one Epidural in 3 years. It was very effective.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Run for the hills. The only good thing about this office is Danny Jones and the MA Diana. Dr. This thinks of nothing but money. If you're willing to get the shots, then you'll be free to have all the pain medication you want so he can keep you and your money coming in. If you're not willing, they'll find a way to make you want to leave the office. Cut down your medications, etc. Don't need to take my word for it though, it's pretty obvious if you look close enough ;) Good luck!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

The PA Danny Jones was wonderful! Very knowledgeable and caring. The staff at the front is very short talk and is not very friendly. But The staff in the back is patient and compassionate young ladies, very helpful. I'm very happy with the way my Pain has been managed. Dr. Thia completely cuts my Pain with his Injections. I'm very pleased with their care.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I was referred by a friend. The phone receptionist told me they no longer accept patients without insurance. I asked for a referral. I was told to "call backin maybe like a week".

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

I went to this office on December 12, 2012 for a visit to be meds for a condition that I’ve had for years. I paid $100 and all I received was a 15 minute 3rd degree interrogation. I’m supposed to deploy to Afghanistan, I can no longer deploy because I know what kind of conditions from my previous 18 months there in a war zone and I need to manage the pain. I asked for a refund of the $100 cash and they said NO. This is one decorated Gulf War Veteran still in pain. Through their efforts to try and screen out the people that misuse prescription pain medication from true patients, they have allowed a legitimate pain sufferer, veteran to go on suffering without being prescribed. They have forced me to cancel my deployment to Afghanistan. I’d advise you seek help elsewhere as they will most likely treat you as guilty and a misuser of pain meds versus trying to understand your legitimate situation. I understand their right to perscribe or not to but to keep my $100 for doing nothing?

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I have heard a lot of Bad stories about Dr Thia and his staff but I have to disagree. I have been seeing him and his nurse pa for a year and a half and they are always very helpful! Nice and makes sure my back is pain free. I love Berlin and hope they never let her go! But she deserves a raise!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. Thia is the Best...Very Friendly, Gentle, Helpful & Caring... Smart in Back & Leg Pain...

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr. Chitta Thiagarajah's Credentials

• Univ Of Colombo, Fac Of Med, Colombo, Sri Lanka (Grad. 1967)