Ratings for Dr. David Shusterman

Dr.Shusterman is the best Urologist in NYC. I was suffering so much for years and finally I was lucky to meet Dr.Shusteman. He detected my Dx and provided relevant Tx for me. Thank you so much Dr.Shusterman !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Amazing doctor.. He is the best urologist I have ever been to. All testing done in office and he is very nice and very compassionate!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

When I made my appointment I was little nervous seeing a urologist for the first time but when I've encountered with his loving staff especially with his PA, I felt an ease. All of his diagnostic tests are in the office. Dr Shusterman is a very nice doctor. He took his time with me and explained everything in details. His office is nice and spacious. I will be coming here again. He definitely deserves all five stars.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

This was a great experience and I was happy with my results

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr Shusterman is very professional and has a very professional and friendly staff. All my tests were done the same day at his location, which saved me a lot of time and was able to get instant results. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Shusterman for an STD check. I came out positive for one and I was treated well. I did have another condition that I tried to explain to Dr. Shusterman. After explaining my troubles, he told me what I was experiencing was "completely normal" and that I'm imagining everything. It turns out I have a condition called Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome/Chronic Nonbacterial Prostatitis. He told me I'm NORMAL. I felt terrible about myself when he said this to me. He completely dismissed me. He won "the most compassionate doctor" award. How he won this is beyond me because, to me, he was the most fake, close-minded "couldn't care less" doctor and I hope no one feels as awful as I did when he told me I was "NORMAL". I thankfully got a second opinion and was diagnosed properly. He may be good with some aspects of urology, but expect to be "completely normal" in a condition he's not aware of. If he had said "You know I'm sorry, there may be something going on but I'm just not familiar with the condition" I would have been perfectly satisfied. But he didn't - he dismissed me. I will NEVER return to David Shusterman. I recommend the PA, Marina - she listened well and actually cares. Also, while I was in his office talking about my STD, he decided to take a 20 minute business phone call WITH ME IN THE OFFICE WITH HIM. Compassionate?? He could CARE LESS.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

As someone else has noted, the doc was polite an unfortunately it's the only positive aspect if my experience

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr Shusterman put me so much at ease during my visit, it was if you had met an old friend you had not seen for a few years,the office staff were very professional and courteous. I highly reccomend Dr Shusterman and his staff, Dr Shusterman will be my urologist from now on. The doctor is a winner of so many awards and now I know why. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr. shusterman was polite but that was the only positive review I have about my experience there. As soon as I walked in, I noticed that the receptionist was standing several feet from the desk and was staring at the floor. This occurred for about 10 minutes before she noticed me- not a good first impression. I took the blood and urine tests fairly quick but waited an hour and a half to see The doctor. What happened next was very unfavorable. I sat down with him and about 2 minutes into our conversation, he diagnosed me... No visual exam, or no actual results from the blood work or urine test. He said "bingo, we're going to start you with an injection and meds". This was est. after only telling him that I was having pinching pains after urinating and the last time I had sex was 3 weeks ago. I was taken back by this but insisted that I wait a week for the results to come in. A week later I called twice and was told I would receive a call. The next day I got a call saying I was clean.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

While he is no doubt knowledgable, I have this gut feeling that it is more about the tests than it is about curing me. I am usually seen by his PA rather than by the doctor and I have to ask if I can see Dr. Shusterman rather than his assistant. Tons of tests scheduled over the past 3 years but still no cure. I am becoming more and more isolated by him the more that I need his guidance.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr. David Shusterman's Credentials

• Hebrew

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)