Ratings for Dr. John C. Veltman

Dr.Veltman is NOT anything relative to the negative reviews expressed on this site. He is a very compassionate, concerned and knowledgeable physician, least of all judgemental. He is a responsible doctor providing care, appropriate testing and treatment unlike most doctors who evade your problems and attempt to water down your complaints. He even personally called me after my last ER visit to access my health! I fully and highly recommend him to all my friends and family and I myself am a nurse. Please do not be persuaded by the negativity of some reviews as those patients may have alternative thinking on how their care should be delivered. I assure you they are not doctors themselves and there is a good reason for that.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I thought I had finally found a honest caring compassionate medical provider, who turned out to be one of the most shady deceitful fraudulent characters i have ever encountered. I am left still shaking my head in disbelief at my experience, I wish you would have had the balls to release me from your care during my app

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Veltman is a very caring Dr, who as some posts reads is a pill pusher. The opposite is true. U are tested regularly making sure that you are on everything he prescribed and within the right level of prescription you should have in your system. To the ppl who are calling him a pusher must have been discharged from his practice for not obeying the patient agreement you sign every year. Danielle Winslow

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Went with my wife for 6 months and at age 36 had put her in a 90 day treatment center from all opiates he had her on.she took none wjen sje went there. Was on adderall oxycontin xanax flereel)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

He is a major pill pusher. He prescribes opiates and benzos without hesitation. He is an addict himself and I believe he can't stand to see someone suffer or "fein" but that does not excuse what he does.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Veltman has been my PCP for the past 8 years. In that time, he has not failed to see me if I needed an appointment, nor has he failed to figure out what my medical needs were. He is caring and compassionate and always willing to listen and explain. He and his staff are wonderful. Because he is so caring and thorough, he often runs a bit late in appointments -- I can't fault him for that, though, as I know that he is giving the kind of care that I want. I can only recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

This is the first Dr. That has EVER taken the time to explain everything to me in a way I can understand and try everything to find a solution to my many medical problems. He has always refered me to other medical professionals that fit not only my problems but my personality. I can not say enough about the wonderful Dr. that he is, his office personal are just as great!! When walking into his office I feel as if I am walking into my Mom's house where I am truly cared about. I have Leukemia and am 56 years old and in my whole life of seeing Dr.s this is one that REALLY CARES!!! I am so happy that I can call him my Doctor!!! Martinsburg,Wv truly has a GEM in this very caring and knowledgeable man!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Wonderful, caring, competent physician. The best dr I have met in 38 yrs.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

Never even got to see the dr but I did schedule my first appt and needed to cancel since I got called in to work on sunday to work on monday..I called to cancel first thing on monday since the office was closed over the weekend..when I called back to reschedule they told me since I rescheduled I had to pay them $30..I never even stepped foot in the office and they want me to pay..not that I just didn't call I did call early the day of my appt to reschedule..terrible business..maybe they shouldn't schedule monday appts since you can't call them on a sat or sunday to canc

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Veltman is the best Dr in Martinsburg. He takes the time to sit with each patient and explain thier conditions from the flu down to the most complex findings. Always sending for proper tests to ensure correct diagnosis. He is correct 100% of the time. He knows each patient by name and remembers your family situations. He is caring very professional and even checks on u in the evening by calling u to check up on how u r doing.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Dr. John C. Veltman's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Martinsburg, WV