Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Jakobsen

Even though sharing your experience with other patients is very helpful, it is not sufficient to change the behavior of a doctor. You should submit on official complaint about this doctor to the following authorities: Medical Board of California (submit online at http://www.mbc.ca.gov/Breeze/Complaints.aspx) Michael Wall, Executive Director, Head & Neck Associates Mary Delos Reyes, Risk Management, Mission Hospital

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I recently had a throat surgery by another doctor. They told me that I should call 911 for emergency cases, and call their office for everything else. I called the office at night, and Dr. Jakobsen turned out to be the doctor on call. As soon as I told him that I couldn't breath through my nose, and asked for help on what I could do without hurting my throat, he told me that I should use this line for only life threatening emergency calls and hung up the phone on my face. I've never seen such an abusive doctor bullying patients during their most vulnerable times. If you're a patient stay away from him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

He performed a tonsillectomy on our daughter at age 20 after constant colds and sinus infections. She has great results and happy to report she's much healthier. Thanks Dr. Jakobsen

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Michael Jakobsen is a great doctor (physician) and surgeon. I went to him for a deviated septum to get a second opinion. He quickly had me test for sleep apnea through a sleep study and I found out that I had been suffering from severe and obstructive sleep apnea. Without his caring, knowledgeable, and great skills as a physician I would have continued to suffer and get worse with a very underdiagnosed and harmful disorder which can cause lots of other diseases. Dr. Jakobsen is more, ethical, and has high integrity. He is highly capable and will uphold the high principles of medicine. He won't just do procedures or surgery that would just benefit him financially or otherwise and put the patient at greater risk of dangerous things. I also was warned against getting surgery because of the danger of heart attack, stroke, clots, etc when I have sleep apnea and surgery in general with anesthesia. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Jakobsen & staff were all great!!! He diagnosed me with TMJ which was really a surprise to me for many reasons. His diagnosis was spot on. I asked for a recommendation for a trustworthy dentist, having had a bad experience with my last dentist. He sent me to Dr. Godino who is phenomenal & has had the same staff for 10 years. Thank you so much Dr. Jakobsen for your expertise. You are the best! I will always recommend you as the greatest ENT.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

I have found Dr. Jakobsen to be a thoughtful and caring physician. I have been to his office twice and have undergone a surgical procedure under his care. He communicates well and has always informed me of the issues pertaining to my condition and treatment. His staff has been great as well. I have all calls returned in a day. They are organized, professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Jakobsen!! I made an appointment with him when I found a lump on the left side of my neck. He said it was nothing and prescribed antibiotics. I made a 2nd appt when I finished the medicine and the lump was still there and getting bigger. Dr. Jakobsen insisted it was nothing and said I didn't need to have a biopsy. The lump ended up being thyroid cancer, which had spread to my lymph nodes. I had to have a full thyroidectomy and the lymph nodes on the left side and center of my neck removed. Dr. Jakobsen is not a thorough doctor and has a terrible bedside manner. He should not be a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I find Dr. Jakobsen to be very intelligent, and he is a great communicator. Clara, his assistant, is another story. She has the personality of a snake, never smiles and is extremely abrupt. Office visits with Dr. Jakobsen would be much more pleasant with a personable assistant.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Jakobsen tried to rush me into unnecessary surgery. When I told him I was going to get a second opinion he completely changed his story. What a crook. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Remember if something doesn't seem right about Dr. Jakobsen when you meet with him, listen to your instincts. Mother was diagnosed w/ a rare cancer. Dr. Jakobsen's steadfast treatment plan equated to a facial ampuation. That in itself wouldn't have been his fault, however 5 other opinions by specialist in this particular cancer countered strongly that Jakobsen's treatment plan would result in no cure, no palliative value, but only complications and misery for my mother. Since she was only covered by a HMO (Medicare w/ Advantage plus), Dr. Jakobsen thwarted every attempt for my mother to seek care from a physician outside of his medical group. We learned that instead of being an advocate for the patient, he was first and foremost an advocate for the $$ bottom line of his affiated medical group. He refused to read the opinions of the 5 other physcians and yet had the tenacity to cite in his letters that no other treament would yield results. This guy is bad news.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Michael K. Jakobsen's Credentials

• Cantonese

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)