Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi

Ratings for Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi

More than a 5! Had emergency back surgery L3-4 in Nov. 2017. After examining my records on a Friday and I'm in 10 of 10 pain, Dr.El-Kadi opened a room for me at Passavant McCandless and operated on Saturday morning. He had to rearrange family plans to do this for me. I will be forever thankful that he did this for me, basically a stranger. A week or so later I am able to walk unassisted in virtually no pain. He really had his game face on the date of surgery and he is all business!! Unbelievable care and concern by his nurses, staff, and all at Passavant! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Aft er living for 20 years with extreme back pain my life was non functional... could't walk, sleep I just could not go on living with this pain. At my first appt with Dr. El-Kadi he said we can fix this. Surgery was june 2009. I woke up in recovery to a new lease on life. The pain i had endured for 20 was gone. It's been 9 years absolutley pain free, he has givin me my life back ,THANK YOU DR MATT EL-KADI !!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I am happy to report that six months after having lower back fusion surgery in May of 2017 I have been able to resume all normal activities and have been able to ride bicycle for 162 miles, the longest ride being 25 miles over a three hour duration. This follows not being able to be on my feet longer that 10 minutes prior to my surgery.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Thanks to Dr. El-kadi I I can walk normal again. I never thought I would walk normal again after slipping in my bathroom and a disc was resting on my sciatic nerve.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I had an cervical discectomy fusion of C6-C7 done by Dr. El-Kadi in January of 2017 at UPMC Passavant. 6 months later, I am 99.9% back to normal. I have not felt this good in years and there were absolutely no side effects. The surgery went swimmingly, the follow-up was quick and painless (literally).

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had an anterior cervical discectomy fusion C4-C7 done by Dr. El Kadi on May 26, 2016 at UPMC Passvant. Dr. El Kadi is the best and most wonderful physician I have ever met. I am thankful for what he did for me because it has changed my life for the better. I shall forever remember Dr. El Kadi’s kind and gentle manner in the office and in the hospital. I would like to thank the entire medical and clerical office staff for the level of care provided to me. To all of the nurses, PA’s and office staff at the Monroeville office, thank you. To all of the nurses, PA’s and certified nursing assistants at UPMC Passavant, thank you. Your hospitality and care was extraordinary. Even a dietary employee was unbelievably nice and helpful at the hospital. Never did a question go unanswered at Monroeville, on the phone or on site. From the first point of contact from the lady at the check-in desk to the lady at the checkout window, I encountered everyone to be professional, friendly, courteous and kind. To all of the PA’s at Monroeville and at UPMC Passavant, thank you for doing what you do. I was so happy having PA’s who showed so much knowledge and dedication to be an important and vital part of the care process. Your role as PA’s was appreciated in Monroeville and in UPMC Passavant. To UPMC Passavant – Wow! What a hospital! Even the front desk people helped us and gave us area overnight accommodation options. To anyone needing neurosurgery go to Dr. El Kadi for the gold standard. Everything will fall right into place. I would recommend Dr. El Kadi and UPMC Passavant to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr El-Kadi and staff are absolutely to best! I was barely walking and he gave me my active lifestyle back to me. Words don't properly describe how thankful I am to him and to his staff. I would highly recommend him to everyone!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Thanks to Dr. El-Kadi I am now able to walk again. Before surgery, I was unable to go to the mall and walk. I am now able to walk the mall.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. El-Kadi performed a fusion of my L3, 4 and 5 on May 28, 2016. He and his staff were outstanding at every stage of the process. Today I am 100% back to my old activities and working out 6 days a week during P90X and other workouts. I would highly recommend any one I know to Dr. El-Kadi and his staff. Dr. El-Kadi and all his staff helped in every way they could to make this process go as smoothly and successfully as possible. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr, El-Kadi helped me beyond belief. He performed a lumbar fusion on my L4,L5-S1. I am an Auto Tech and was unable to conduct my job as needed. I had screaming pain going down my right leg that I was not able to relieve at all. I struggled with this for two years. One thing to keep in mind, he IS NOT "knife happy". I saw him two years ago, went thru all the prescribed treatments, to some success. However, this past year, without hesitation he (and I) knew what had to be done. I wouldn't hesitate AT ALL to send any friends or family to him for advice and consult. He is very professional, skilled, and "knows his stuff". I am 1000% better than I was before his "magical" hands. :) Thank you Dr. El-Kadi, for giving me and my family a life again!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Dr. H. Matt El-Kadi's Credentials

• Second Moscow State Pirogov Medical Institute (Grad. 1983)