Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Adelman

Dr Adelman did a great job with the circumcision of my twin boys.  There is only one problem--he told us he would give us a deal on the price of the circumcisions. Normally, he said, he would charge us $200 per circumcision, but for our twins he would charge $300 total. A few months after the circumcisions, we got a statement for $300 minus about $15 for our insurance network discount. I gladly paid it. Six months after settling our account (or so I thought), we received ANOTHER $300 bill for the other son. After a lot of phone tag and double-checking, Dr Adelman's office (we never got to speak to him personally again--it was all through his billing department) gave us a "deal" that was still $100 more than what we had originally agreed to. Conclusion: if you want good friendly service with a chance of getting charged double, Dr Adelman is your man. Otherwise, skip it and find someone else.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Dr. Adelman may have knowledge in the health care field but his bedside manner is lacking. He is condescending and disrepectful. He doesn't listen to the patient, he interrupts and tells you what he thinks. Every experience my family has had with him has been frustrating to say the least. His office staff is unorganized and takes repeated efforts(2-3 times) to get records sent to appropriate institutions. They make no note of if or when anything was faxed or sent and when a problem comes up they are not helpful. The entire office experience is nothing but frustrating.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Adelman has been my primary physician for over thirty years. I am very impressed with the extensive records that he keeps on me. He uses his PC to pull all my past history for reference when I go in for a visit. He has always been able to work me in on a timely basis when I meed immediate attention. I am very impressed that Dr. Adelman stays in such good shape himself. I talk very good care of myself so I would never use a physician that doesn't take care of himself but offers advise to others on how to maintain their health. Dr. Adelman is very polite and very quick to offer advise on how to correct a problem. I very much respect his opinion.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

Generally a good doctor. Has his heart in the right place. Cares for his patients well being. Office tends to be too busy. Sometimes too quick to prescribe some pill. Should note case where he over sedated a patient for a colonoscopy and the patient died. http://www.indyweekblogs.com/triangulator/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nc-medical-board-report.pdf

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Long time patient of Doctor Adelman and staff (Donna and Cathy). I am unfamiliar with any bio-feedback or physical therapy services available through his practice. Frankly, I don't know where he would fit the patients in need of this service...maybe some secret room they have kept hidden from me for over 15 years? lol. Understandably, Dr. Adelman is hesitant to prescribed "pain medications" if it runs the risk of being potentially addictive and/or abused. I have never had a problem with Dr. Adelman, Cathy or Donna referring me for further testing nor providing me with prescriptions for medication (yes even pain medications) when indicated. I should know..13 years ago they diagnosed what other doctors had missed and saved my life. It's been a long exhausting road but I'm still around and they're still there for me anytime I need them.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

This doctor was arrogant and dismissive with my daughter and with me. Wrote off her symptoms as "hormones" and "drama" and denied pain control. He will refer you within his business for expensive bio feedback, physical therapy, etc. and if you don't use them are labeled "uncooperative". He refused repeated requests for MRI until I promised he would be sorry when it showed a problem. He yelled in my face blaming "people like me for driving up insurance rates" but ordered the test which was extremely abnormal and dangerous. Months of extra agony due to his arrogance and ignorance. His office is very much a money making business, the emphasis is not diagnostic. If your HA is more than tension, I don't recommend it.

Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Adelman and all of the staff are friendly, welcoming and concerned about each patient. The practice can be busy but they do their best. Their os someone there Monday through Friday , Wednesday night and Saturday until someplace between 1 and 3. They try to work me in when I am sick.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Richard D. Adelman's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal