Ratings for Dr. Atif Kabir

Agreeing with some of the comments here. Having to wait 30+ minutes for your scheduled appointment. He comes in and then reads the results of the test/MRI to you.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

For over a year I suffered from pain in my hip/buttocks area. Every doctor I saw said it was a muscle injury and recommended I continue with my physio. After getting tired of being in pain, I decided to see Dr. Kabir for a specialist's opinion. Within 5 minutes he had diagnosed my problem (not a muscles injury) that 3 other GPs could not, and sent me for MRI to confirm. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and I recommend him to anyone with a sports injury

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I went in to see Dr. Kabir and had a wonderful experience. He is so kind and caring and went out of his way to help me. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience with this amazing MD! He knows his area so well and gives the best advice. Thank you Dr. Kabir! Feel much better and completely healed thanks to you!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Kabir to treat a back problem. To begin with the positive aspects, Dr. Kabir seems to show a good deal of empathy and has a good ear. That said, in my two visits with this doctor, I had to extract answers out of him in order to gain a bit of clarity on what I can, should or cannot do in my every day life given his vague diagnostic. Moreover, on both occasions he appeared totally clueless as to what to do with my situation, which I wouldn't expect from a doctor. Aside from being 30 minutes late for each of my appointments, on the second one he read the lab results he had received 3 weeks prior only at the time of my visit. I would have expected him to have at least taken a few minutes prior to my appointment to read the results and to know what to tell me in advance. Instead, he appeared confused and unsure as to what next steps should be taken. And when I began asking him questions, he glanced at his watch as if he were in a hurry. I will no longer see this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

An excellent specialist, who I saw again this time at Athletes Care, a very knowledgeable and proactive professional, who sent me to respirologist for possible oxygen therapy. Also gave me prescs. for physio and massage, and blood work to check for high level LDH. A breath of fresh air dispensed with a dose of great kindness. May God bless him!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

He is very knowledgeable and hamble doctor and very patient to listen to your concern.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I saw Dr Kabir at an Ottawa physiotherapy clinic Athlete's Care. He was a breath of fresh air!! Took his time with me and listened to my problems and referred me to get some tests done. Reviewed the results with me and then referred me to physio. Even the physiotherapy was great! Thank you thank you thank you!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Although I would rate the clinic as a 2 for poor punctuality (expect to wait at least 40min after your scheduled appointment) as well as poorly staffed, there is no doubt in my mind that Dr. kabir is a 5. I've suffered back pain ever since childhood when I broke and fractured my back. This past summer I was involved in a car accident and my family doctor kept telling me that I was fine and myosin was due to old injuries . I kept inspiring that the pain was different and something I had never felt before. After requesting x-Rays and an MRI but getting denied by him and 2 other divots I thankfully finally Met Dr. Kabir. He instantly ordered a bone scan, x/Rays and and MRI...turned out I have a slipped disk hitting my sciatica nerve and possible need surgery. All I can say is thank god for doctors like him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

On the day I was seen, the clinic's computer systems were down, and 2 hour delay occurred. Dr. Kabir apologized and explained the reason when he saw me. Because I came prepared with a summary, the appointment was short but efficiently handled, including physical exam of both knees and exams ordering due to congenital defective collagen and fibrilin. Great level of empathy and communication skills. Will return in one month's time to review exam results. Would certainly recommend this friendly and skillful practitioner.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

The staff and punctuality were due to the poor clinic, but Dr. Kabir is a great doctor who knows his stuff. Had constant knee pain for a year and took the time to listen to what I was going through and make sure he knew all the details. He was also quick with referrals for any procedure unlike other doctors I have had. Within 2 months I was in the OR and my knee was fine. Definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014