Ratings for Dr. Joseph John Stubbers

Dr. Stubbers is kind, caring and very knowledgeable. While many complain the wait is long, this is the sign of a good doctor who cares about each patient and does not throw them out because their 15 minute slot is over unless he is sure your concerns have been answered. Remember if he spends time with other patients making your wait longer, he will spend longer with you to, and you will get quality care. I personally hate when a doctor tells me my time slot is up and leaves before my concerns are heard. Also in response to charging for medical records, every doctor does that now, including hospitals.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Have never come across a physician that was as thorough and caring as Dr Stubbers. He gave me hope that there are still caring and competent Doctors out there!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Reading the negative comments and realize how unfounded some are. For instance refills are regulated Ben the federal government, narcotics at least, and for all other, it is normal practice to be seen every 3-4 months before refilling. Agreed his staff does not reflect his caring and knowledge. This is unfortunately the case for many physicians. As for the concierge medicine, that is becoming more common in health care, again thanks to the government. Dr. Stubbers was able to diagnose my brother in one visit after he had been to 3 specialists. Very good doctor in a very difficult health care environment.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

After 30 years I'm done. Paying just for the privilege of having him as a doctor was stupid enough but now they charge one amount for a shot and an additional amount for giving you the shot. It more than doubles the bill. Nothing but a money hungry group with no regard for his patients.

Submitted November 24, 2014

Any doctor that wants to charge you to stay in his practice over 1,000.00 a year for his " conceair service" and make you wait up to 3 hours to see him is NOT worried about your well being. I had to leave the practice because of this. I was not paying this money when that's what my insurance is for. To top it all off they didn't have their paper work apparently updated properly and my insurance co told them this. I have very good health insurance and the office was told this over and over. They never corrected their mistake and tried to bill me the money that they weren't getting from my insurance co. I payed my copayment every time and wasn't about to give them a time more. They tried to turn it over to collections and had to eat hundreds of dollars. That staff is a mess. Never seen a doctor so money hungry. Don't they take and oath to help people? I got out of there found a different doctor who is wonderful . What a differance. Dr Stubbers office was trying to charge me for my personal records to transfer . Anyone having this problem with them it's illegal !! They have 90 days to give you your records or the doctor requesting them. There is a website you can go to and report them. My new doctor did. Your records are YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY. Not the doctors. This place is a joke and he isn't even allowed to practice at several hospital Mercy Fairfield being one of them. So what's take tell you about this man?

Submitted September 12, 2014

Not able to stay with this office due to the high costs.. They will not allow claims on my insurance

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. STUBBERS FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR NOW. HE IS SO KIND AND HELPFUL. I REALLY LIKE HIM. HAS A WONDERFUL PERSONALITY AND BEDSIDE MANNER...JUST A GREAT GUY. IS VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR HEALTH, EMOTIONS AND WELL BEING ALL THE WAY AROUND. I HOPE TO HAVE MANY MORE HEALTHY YEARS WITH HIM. THANK YOU DR. STUBBERS...

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I have been going to him for over twenty years, was with him when he was with Dr. Lunz, I read all the negitive comments and agree with most, I DO THINK HE IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPFUL...I will continue to utilize him because of that PERIOD!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

I used Dr. Stubbers for about 10 years. I was never particularly impressed however stayed for convenience sake. Had no complaints about the staff, but Dr. Stubbers practices are another thing entirely. For one thing the wait in the reception area can drag on to an hour or two, sometimes three easy. Then once you're in the office, your wait can extend to another hour. Dr. Stubbers loves to chat, and I don't mind when it doesn't cut into my scheduled appointment. Then once he's with me, he's out in about five minutes. My biggest bone of contention is the fact that making money seems more important to him than patient treatment. I'm made to feel that way because among other things if you run out of a prescription you HAVE TO make an appointment before he fills it. Crazy. He knows no professional courtesy either as he charged me to transfer my records to another physician. I will not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted January 12, 2012

This office has made it very apparent that the patient is not a human, instead nothing more than a cash-spitting machine. I have been made to wait several hours multiple times, and when I fell on hard times and had to reduce my medical care for a period, they were far more concerned about the lack of income then they were my well-being.

Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Joseph John Stubbers's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Amerigroup