Ratings for Dr. John J. Wojcik

Dr. John Wojcik is pompous and arrogant with the bedside manner of a rabid racoon! Let me explain: My 91-year-old father was a patient at Mountain View Hospital, suffering with pneumonia and COPD. Everybody we encountered at the hospital was a caring and concerned professional... with the unfortunate exception of Dr. Wojcik. After several days on a ventilator, it was decided that my father would be declared "Code 3," which means he would be taken off the ventilator and nature would take its course. Certainly, a difficult time for any family. While waiting for the morphine drip that would allow the ventilator to be removed and ease my father towards death, Dr. Wojcik stepped into the room, announcing himself as an associate of Dr. Tu, who had previously examined my dad. Neither I nor my stepmother had ever laid eyes on Dr. Wojcik, who immediately determined that my father needed to have his oxygen increased. When I asked why, my question was dismissed. Dr. Wojcik then quickly examined my unconscious dad and questioned his wife about the patient's recent lifestyle activities. All I could do at that point is wonder, why is he asking these questions? The man is terminal. When my stepmother informed Dr. Wojcik that, prior to his pneumonia, her husband had not been on 24-hour oxygen (which was never prescribed), using it only when he needed it, the good doctor bluntly informed her that patients don't make those decisions, doctors do! He then, unbelievably, accused my father of "committing suicide!" At that point, I told this medical moron he was being completely inappropriate! I explained the current situation to him, that my father was about to be allowed to die. He mumbled some half-hearted condolence before slinking out of the room. The next day, following my father's passing, a phone call to Dr. Wojcik's office to complain about this incident got me the voice mail of Elaine, the office manager. I explained the encounter and said I felt an apology was in order. Of course, neither I nor my stepmother have had any response.

Submitted May 7, 2015

The best of the best! Very professional, caring, and highly educated man.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

DR. JACK KAVORKIAN IN THE HOUSE. THAT'S WHO THIS GUY IS. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! DON'T BE MANIPULATED, OVERDOSED, OR HAVE YOUR INSURANCE FALSELY BILLED. TRIES TO OFFER LUNG TRANSPLANTS ON THE HEALTHY. INTUBATES OLD PEOPLE TO THERE DEATH. I SEE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT COMING.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

He has been the best for me. I had Polio and few docs take the time to keep up with this problem. He has been tops.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Dr Wojcik tells just about EVERYONE they have apnea, because he owns the sleep study clinic. He is a terrible listener, and runs his diagnosis on you and his prescriptions, and will not listen. He missed a very important follow-up test for me. His nurses are rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

Great Doctor! Very smart and professional! Told me i had sleep apnea by my symtoms even before i went through the sleep study. Also found that i have narcolepsy.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

Dr. John J. Wojcik's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John J. Wojcik is a graduate of The Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary fellowship at St. Luke’s Hospital Center. He is board certified in Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine. He is a Fellow of the College of Chest Physicians. He has been in practice since 1997.

• English

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1989)

• Sleep apnea