Ratings for Dr. David A. Lundin

Dr. Lundin said I needed to have a spinal fusion to correct a problem with spinal stenosis. He recommended either a less invasive (ILIF)procedure or a traditional fusion. I selected the less invasive procedure. But my insurance company balked based on it being experimental. Lundin's surgery coordinator promised to appeal. The office never followed through with the appeal, despite my repeated reminders, and despite the fact that they said they would take care of everything. I did all presurgery bloodwork and no appeal was filed. My surgery date was Sept. 10th, 2014, but it came and went without them filing an appeal. Repeated emails and voice messages were never returned. It was impossible to contact the doctor directly, even by email or voice message. I finally was able to reach the director of the neurosurgery center at Valley Medical, and she suggested I just do the appeal myself, even though it was supposed to be a peer to peer appeal! In the end, I transferred my care to Swedish Neuroscience. I have consulted with 2 surgeons there, and both strongly oppose the minimally invasive procedure that Lundin recommended. They say it is a quick fix for what is a serious problem. My bottom line is that I do not think you should use this doctor. If anything went wrong, you could not count on him or his office for support. You are better off going to Swedish -- try Drs. Hsiang or Nora -- they seem terrific.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Lundin helped me when two other surgeons said my spine problem was too difficult to treat. I am now pain free and enjoying my freinds and family like I did years ago. He is the best, and his staff are very helpful too! Thank you to Dr. Lundin.

Submitted December 17, 2007

Dr. David A. Lundin's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med