Ratings for Dr. Sharon A. Bent-Harley

Alway great personal service from staff and Doctors . Dr. Harley has been my physician since 2005, as a OBGYN from my insurance plan. I was her first patient for bio-identical hormones. Walked into her office with a Susan Summers book and she had just attended a convention for medial doctors on the same topic! Very synchronistic in all ways! Love her office and staff!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Harley for at least 8 years. In the beginning, the wait was long, however, what I learned was that she took the time to talk to her patients, including me. I just took a book to read and time went by pretty quickly. I don't mind waiting because Dr. Harley took care of my menopausal issues and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Very expensive. 500.00 a visit. Staff knowledge is poor at best. Supplements are very expensive. Pellets at times does not work! Can't get a call back. Can't furnish a bill at time of service, they want cash payments. Can't get information on dosage of pellets or directions on supplements.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

After searching high and low for a good doctor, I found Dr. Harley's name came up a lot and some people even told me about her. So I made an appt. I asked very specific questions prior to making the appt and then the day came. I left work early and arrived early since I was a new patient. When I got to the office, it looked old, moldy and out-dated, but I proceeded to sign in. I was given a form to fill out as a new patient. After waiting over an hour, I went back to the front desk. Shortly I was called to the back. After speaking to the docotor, they told me that they don't accept high risk patients. As I was being dismissed, with no services complete, I began to ask more probing questions. That doctor then told me to wait while she consulted with the other doctors. The end result was, after the practice discussed my condition, then would not be able to see me as a patient. What a waste. I will never go back there or refer anyone to them. If I so much as here her name I am disgusted.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. Sharon Bent-Harley and her staff is very helpful. I am 20 years old and Dr. Harley delivered me and my two older sisters one is 26 years old and the other 23 years old. Still to this day we all go to Dr. Harley, my mother still goes to. She also delivered my oldest sister child. Dr. Sharon Bent-Harley and her staff are wonderful. I wouldn't go to anybody else but her.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

I thank God for Dr. Hrley and Sherida Brown. I experienced CHRONIC INSOMNIA due to perimenopause and it took 3 months to find Dr. Harley. After being told by other doctors that I was depressed and throwing pharmaceutical drugs at me, I found this practice to be professional and expert at hormone therapy using bioidentical hormones. Dr. Harley and staff listened to my symptoms and immediately began to balance me. I started with her in December, 2009 and I would say I am 85% July, 2010)and looking forward to getting my LIFE back! They are the BEST in Atlanta. All gynecologists DO NOT know hormones! Dr. Harley and staff are experts!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Maybe she's too busy but I waited for an hour and paid her $200+ dollars for a consultation that was only 10 minutes and she seemed irritated when I told her that I didn't appreciate it.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Harley since 1994. She is very knowledgeable and has superb bedside manner. She delivered my 2 daughters-both on her days off because I specifically wanted her. The staff have always been extremely friendly and helpful to me. She is one of the few ob/gyn's who takes interest in women's health AFTER childbearing years and educates you on what to expect and how to prepare for menopause. My overall health has improved because of Dr. Harley and although her office punctuality is very poor, I find her well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Dr. Harley misdiagnosed endometriosis on me and as a result. I had a hysterectomy performed may 2004. She did a partial and never ruled out endometriosis since i was having pain and bleeding. After misdiagnosing me, her and her staff began to treat me bad then told me she no longer accepted my insurance. i went years in pain to find out i had a endometrioma that blocked my ureter and killed my right kidney. Now the endometriosis is on the only kidney I have left and all I see in the future is my dealth and to leave my 5 children unsupported. She IS WALKING AROUND HAPPY AND PAID FROM HER MILLIONS OF SURGERIES. I JUST WISHED SHE CARED ENOUGH ABOUT ME AND MY FAMILY TO AT LEAST SAY "I'M SORRY.My kids don't have a future without a mother. I just wish she had treated me how she would have wanted to be treated as a patient. I don't know what my future holds but pain at this point until I am gone..... Just thought somebody should know.....You are nothing to this lady but a paycheck.........

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. Bent-Harley knows what she is doing in the operation room. I just wish her office ran as well. Her staff are nice people but they miss follow-up calls and somehow instructions from the doctor don't always get done. Her office needs a good cleaning both in the waiting areas and the exam rooms (dust, unmopped floors). And the wait is horrendous! I have watched entire tv shows in the lobby (before they took the TV out in favor of a looped video for their skin care services) and taken naps in the exam rooms -- both on a regular basis. I believe the doctor is overbooked and often seems tired when she comes to the exam and sometimes does not take the time to listen or assumes things. Maybe the latter is because she's been doing this for a long time but it does nothing to help with communication. Again, I appreciate her work in the operation room but I can do without everything else.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Dr. Sharon A. Bent-Harley's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1981)