Ratings for Dr. Craig M. Seal

I had been going to Dr Seal for a few years and he delivered two of my grandchildren. I needed a hysterectomy and to cut a long story short I contracted Necrotizing Fasciitis after surgery and almost died. Then followed weeks in the hospital and months of wound care. Then the insurance company took back some money from Dr Seal because they had overpaid I was stunned by the way Carrie and Danielle treated me they were hostile almost as if I had stolen the money myself. I had my insurance company call them and the customer service representitive came back on the line and said WOW!! She had been yelled at and couldn't get a word in. They will not work with my insurance company at all even though they are contracted and because the paper I signed that I thought was a promise to pay what I owe (co-pays etc) is actually a waiver it means they can make as many mistakes as they want and I have to pay whatever they say, so please check that promise to pay they have you sign. I think Dr Seal is getting too old to practice and the office is concerned with only one thing MONEY. I almost died under his care. Please Please if you are reading this go and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

If you have anywhere between 1-4 hours to wait after your appointment time, this is the place to go. Well, if the staff returns your call within a few months to get you on the schedule. Doctor Seal is an amazing doctor and person. He's very caring, but it's difficult to want to stick with his office when his staff is so horrible. You seriously need to take at least half a day off of work for an appointment at his office. I continue to go there because he's amazing and nancy, one of the office staff is so sweet and actually helps everyone.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I will NEVER go to another OBGYN. Dr. Seal is amazing!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I had a high risk pregnancy an dr. Seal was fantastic. I know he went the extra mile to ensure that was sweet son was able to make it in the womb and have a safe delivery. I just found out I am pregnant again and would love to go to him, however my health insurance changed after the birth of this son and the way they double billed the insurance companies and me afterward left a sour taste in my mouth. Basically I was told to pay cash upfront and that I would be reimbursed when the insurance company would reimburse them. Well not only was I not reimbursed, I was actually given a bill for the final visit. On top of that, my new insurance which was supposed to be used only for the postpartum visit was also billed for the surgery and my medical savings account was drained of thousands of dollars which prevented me from taking care of my son when he was sick. I'm sad because I love and trust this doctor but seeing as how none of this was resolved and all I have are messages left from the office people trying to justify what they did. I guess they needed the money more than I did and I will just give it up to heaven to judge. Bottom line, excellent doctor, but poor billing practices. I would only recommend if you have primo insurance.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

After over 18 years, delivery of my only child, 1/2 dozen surgeries I'm out of there! They intentionally over billed me for over 2 years then lied to the insurance company when confronted by them. It has been over 1 & 1/2 years from my last surgery and they are still billing me for costs over and above their contracted rates. Carrie told me she didn't care what the insurance company says. "If you don't pay, Dr. Seal will not see you anymore and you WILL BE turned over to collection". Carrie has been nothing but rude and unwilling to return my insurance companies phone calls. After nearly 20 years I feel like his patients are only numbers $$$$$ trickle down effect???? Attitude usually comes from the top....scary to think he held not only my life in his hands but also my only child's.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I have seen Dr. Seal for 29 years. He has delivered 2 of my babies done 4 surgeries on me. I hadn't had a pap smear for two years because of allergies that I have that give me vaginal burn and rawness. I have been on hormones and thyroid medications for years. He took me off of one of my medications and told me to use a couple of natural products and read a book that he was going to send me because he was 3 hours late for my appt. I never got the book. I called & canceled my appt.& when I rescheduled they called me & told me I could only see him for a pap smear. I asked to have him call me & was told he does not call patients. I saw him at the hospital & he told me in front of two witnesses I could come & see him. I made 2 appts. & when I got there I was told he would not see me & if I didn't leave right now they would call the cops. I had taken my last hormone pill that day & was left unseen by him. Patients are told he can't write prescriptions the same day as a pap. That is a lie.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

The billing office doesn't know how to do their job. The office lady Carrie should be fired,she is rude and they don't aloud you to speech to Dr Seal about how you are being treated. They were putting my name wrong into their system and billing it incorrectly. Therefore Medicare was denying the claim as Cannot identify member. Which was no fault of mine. They finally got my name right so everything in 2013 was payed . Medicare denied payment for 2012 for timely filing. The amount of $352.89 . Medicare say I don't have to pay this amount but I'm being turn into collections by Dr. Seal office . I was told by Carrie I cannot see are talk to Dr Seal ,if I do they will get a restraining order agains me if I try to contact him in the future. Something is really wrong at his office. I wonder if Dr Seal really know what is going on. All I want is for Dr Seal to tell me himself that this is the way he wants his patient to be treated.a Please if someone see Dr Seal tell him about this web site.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Seal helped me get pregnant! I was referred to him by two of my friends who both struggled getting pregnant. One was told she was unable to have children and with help of Dr. Seal, she has two beautiful and healthy sons! I also recommended him to my friend who struggled getting pregnant after years of trying with her husband and she is almost 20 weeks pregnant!!! As for my husband and I, we had been together for nine years and had not got pregnant but because of his dedication and knowledge we now have a beautiful baby girl!!! Dr. Seal is knowledgeable and great at what he does. He is to the point and will not sugar coat your situation. If you trust his advice, you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr. Seal is the greatest doctor ever! Me and my two sisters have children only because of him. I had several doctors before him tell me it wasn't possible. He is honest, up front, and does not sugar coat things. I love this about him. However, he is also the most compassionate doctor I have ever had. Cried with me at the hard times. When I moved out of state the thing I was most upset about was losing him as a doctor. Some of these other reviews are WAY off!!! They must be crazy.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Craig M. Seal's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)