Ratings for Dr. P. Merrill White

From what I could tell he's a decent doctor. The main problem with these spine doctors is that they mainly focus on the discs and little attention is paid to the ligaments and surrounding soft tissues. After doing a lot of research over the Internet I found out that a lot of these soft tissue injuries don't show up on MRIs. I was offered surgery which I knew wouldn't fix my problem since my problem began after receiving a steroid injection in which I blew out both my calf and lower back within a week of having that steroid called kenalog injected into me for a skin condition. After doing research and rejecting surgery I had both PRP and prolotherapy injections to help rebuild the ligament that blew out. From my experience the best guy who does this is in Nashville and his business is called prolotherapy Nashville. Look it up online. It's the natural way to cure things. Avoid these toxic drugs they try to inject you with.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

After being seen by countless doctors and nurses over the years, I have finally found the doctor who finally epitomizes poor bed side manner. He raised his voice to me, because the pain had subsided and I didn't give him a percentage that it had. I tried to explain to him some of the history of my injury, but alas he didn't care. I felt as though I was wasting his precious time. Tried to get an appointment at the TOC physical therapy center and was given almost a week before the first available appointment. So now I am still in a good amount of pain, with no relief. The only thing that was missing from the appointment was being told to drink water, because he did say all I needed was some Motrin. Those that are saying he was great, well you must have caught him on the right day.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. White was extraordinarily unhelpful And condescending. Seemed to have no empathy or bedside manner. Wouldn't take my dog to see him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I must admit I was some what apprehensive about seeing Dr. White after reading the previous negative reviews of Dr. White. After my appointment with Dr. White I DO NOT understand, or agree with any of the negative reviews. I found Dr. White to be very professional, soft spoken, very concerned about my spinal condition. He spent 30 minutes with me one-on-one explaining my options based on his findings of my x-rays, MRIs and his physical examination of me. After our discussion we decided on alternatives to surgery at this time. I was very pleased with my whole experience with Dr. White and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I agree with most people leaving comments. Dr. White was very rude and really didn't explain much. I had x-rays and an MRI. He stated that everything was normal looking and the only thing to do is continue my home exercises that I learned from physical therapy. I asked him for some pain medicine and muscle relaxers as I can barely move, but he said that he does not treat people that way. I also got copies of my reports and there are things in his reports that he did not even have me do! To me that is falsifying records! I wouldn't reccomend Dr. White to anyone I know!! His staff was not very friendly or helpful. And those questionaires EVERY time you go is ridiculous!! I want to know why Dr. White says there is nothing wrong but I am in constant pain in my lower back! That is not "Normal". Worst doctor in TN that I have ever seen!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Other posts use terms like "hateful" or "rude" to discribe bedside manner. Not one person says "he botched my surgery." Pain will make you very anxious going through the process (PA, therapy). That said, I have had only good experices with Dr. White. But if I did have to choose, I'd take a hateful good surgeon over a nice poor one any day.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Went to see Dr. White. The staff was very curt and not at all friendly. I waited 45 min to see him at which point he basically took an xray and said there was nothing he could do at the moment because it was close to closing time. I went to another Doctor within a week had emergency surgery on my spine that Dr. White missed what my problem was!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I have had around 22 surgery's knees, back, neck, etc..... I have had very many surgeons and Doctors! Dr. White is the most hateful doctor I've ever meet :( He forgets what he say's from visit to visit. I am not one of his Workman comp. patients and glad I wasn't as in the reviews I have read! When you watch his video you see him kinda smiling... this is not what you see in person. His profile about him states he attends Church... bless his Pastors heart! Also, that he helps Habitat for Humanity... "Would this real person please stand up" He only works for the big dogs!!! If you want to be treated like a dog... just make you an appointment!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

When I called for an appointment I had to wait two weeks to see a PA. They will not schedule you to see a doctor until you see a PA first. I was told on the phone the PA will determine if I needed to see the doctor at a later date. PA sent me to physical therapy, which made the pain worse. The therapist and myself tried to get someone on the phone at Dr. P. Merrill White's office with no avail to explain the pain I was having but this office is very unorganized and do not care about their patients. I was very disappointed and now scheduling to see another group in town.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I have to agree with most people on here, Dr. White was very rude and hardly had any interest in what I had to say about my issue. A complete stick in the mud personality who sat on the black doctors stool and made me come to him. Get off your chair and examine your patients! Explain things to them about what could be going on or simply explain the x-ray to them. This is my first time with spine issues, so I have no idea what is going on. He is a typical specialist, in the room for about 5 min then they leave expecting you to know what is going on. My biggest issue was communication and lack of interest in the patient. You would assume they would ask questions as to, have you done anything in the past that could have caused this, or past history, but didn't seem to care about pertinent information. He definitely could learn a thing or two from Patch Adams!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014