Ratings for Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

Excellent, caring doctor and helpful staff! Wait is very long though. Well, I guess that is to be expected when the doctor is really good and in demand!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Today I had a small procedure with Dr. Helliwell. He was very caring and explained the procedure in detail. I was nervous about the pain and discomfort but Dr Halliwell took the time to make me comfortable and his nurse held my hand! He and his staff are very professional yet down to earth as well. Im glad I have them for my health care!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Very nice and professional, the staff is amazing. Everyone that works there is so kind and professional.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Had lipo done he doesn't know what he is doing ! I look terrible. Do not go to this Dr

Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's response
I appreciate all feedback - good, bad or indifferent - as it guides my understanding of my patients and their concerns. I am sorry to learn that you are not satisfied with the results of your liposuction procedure. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you by your review, as there is no name attached. I was also previously unaware of any lipo patients who had concerns about their outcome. Regardless, my goal is to provide 100% patient satisfaction, and I am disappointed any time this goal cannot be met. I invite you to contact my office so we can discuss your concerns in greater detail. I sincerely hope to speak with you soon. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

Submitted October 29, 2015

I had a horrible traumatic encounter with This doctor and the staff is lazy and not knowledgeable at all.... He performed a breast augmentation on myself and I went under the "local anesthesia " and it was horrific . Now I know why you get what you pay for ...I told him & his staff I could feel the pain and to add more pain meds... They couldn't believe that I wasn't "average"with the pain tolerance. I could feel Everything.... Laying helpless on the hospital bed I knew I made the wrong choice. I thought his bedside manner would be a good choice when I met with him for my multiple consultations... Later I got a infection and nearly died... I definitely do not recommend him ladies please do your research before going into surgery !

Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's response
I am troubled and surprised by this review as I am unable to recall any patient who fits the described circumstances. Indeed, several details of the review come as a shock. No patient treated at my practice has ever "nearly died" as a result of an infection following a surgical procedure. Furthermore, no one has complained of a "horrific" experience due to the effects of local anesthesia. Lastly, I carry board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and am a Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery in breast, body and extremities. I strive to deliver the results my patients desire, and do so with a minimal amount of discomfort. In an overwhelming majority of the cases I am successful in achieving the hoped-for outcomes. Before any patient decides to proceed with surgery, we discuss the risks, benefits and likely outcomes of every recommended procedure. During such consultative appointments, patients are also educated about the various anesthetic options. Local anesthesia, for example, provides several benefits over general anesthesia, including less nausea (and/or vomiting), quicker recovery periods (patients are able to walk out of the recovery room faster), and less discomfort once the patient reaches home. As the author alludes to, local anesthesia has the added benefit of being less expensive than general anesthesia. If a patient does begin to feel some discomfort during the procedure, more of the sedative can be added quickly to counteract the discomfort. I feel strongly that this review was posted to my profile erroneously. Nonetheless, if I am mistaken, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with the author of this review - please contact my office at your convenience.

Submitted September 10, 2015

Horrible Doctor. He treat his staff so bad. the office has a very high turn over, not good. Staff run around like their heads are cut off, and management treat the staff like the doctor. I have been a patient there for two years and my last experience was a very long wait. After my last visit, I said no more I'm going to find me another doctor.

Submitted August 22, 2014

Submitted August 15, 2014

After nearly a year of investigation, and looking at virtually hundreds of pictures of breasts, I made a decision to get implants. I chose a surgeon who would perform a Dual-Plane procedure and I selected Ultra High profile silicone implants. Dr. Helliwell helped with recommendation of the size of the implant, as I was fearful of having too big of breasts and looking 'top heavy'. My results are fantastic. I love how I look, and they are not so big that I cannot still wear most of my old clothes. However, if I want to turn heads, a form fitting dress does the trick! My advice to any woman who has minor to moderate sag and does NOT want the scars of a breast lift, consider finding a surgeon who will discuss performing a breast augmentation using the dual plane technique and ultra high profile implants. Dr. Helliwell is compassionate and caring as well as results driven and a terrific value! Thank you Dr. Helliwell!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

I had a tummy tuck done by Dr Helliwell. He and his staff were thorough and professional throughout the process. I was well informed and receptionist in cosmetic office was extremely attentive to any concern I had. I would highly recommend this Dr and I plan on returning to this office in the future for services.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

It's not often that patients find both great healthcare and great atmosphere. Dr. Helliwell's office is the epitome of both. From the ladies in the front office to the phlebotomist to the medical assistants to the Doctors; all are friendly, helpful, discreet, informative, and patient centered. This group is solution oriented and expect patience to be part of the decision making process. I have always been treated with respect, dignity, and like a real person, as opposed to a dollar sign coming through. I recommended AWHC to everyone that wants a wonderful and answer oriented staff!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2014

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)