Ratings for Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

I tried to make an appointment. The receptionist was short. She said do you have insurance. Answer yes. Is it PPO or HIM. Doctor won't see you if it's HMO. I say I believe PPO. I ask who verifies, you or me. She said you verify and call us back. I always thought that was the staff's job. What happened to customer service? I won't be calling back. BTW it is POO, she was so short with me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I wish i could put zero stars . Horrible horrible experience he put the wrong size implant in one breast . One looked like a baseball the other like a grapefruit a whole size larger. Tried to act like it looked the same , I went in for a second surgery and they look horrible I am so ashamed to remove my top. I can't believe that he was licensed to be a surgeon . He ruined so many women's body's he should be ashamed of himself.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I wish I could put 0 stars!!! Horrific experience. DO NOT go here if you value your time at all. I requested the paperwork in advance, because I was a new patient and was going on a lunch break and wouldn't have much time. I was told I could arrive at my appointment time and didn't need papers in advance. Once I arrived, they handed me a stack of paperwork and it was THE MOST redundant paperwork I have ever filled out. Multiple repeat questions. This should have been the first sign that they DO NOT value patients time whatsoever. The second sign was after I waited 55 minutes in the waiting room (while on a 1 hour lunch break from work), they told me they didn't have a room for me and were still waiting, but there were multiple other patients that arrived after me who were called back. There are only two GYNO/OBGYN doctors here; do the math. When they finally took me back, I learned that I still had 3 patients waiting in front of me for full exams. I was also told in the waiting room (by two other patients) that they frequently run behind in this office and that Dr. Siniva L. Kaneen was much better than the doctor I had an appointment with - Dr. Jason P. Helliwell. Also, I should note - I NEVER write reviews for anything - restaurants, doctors, shops, etc but my experience was so bad that I wanted to forewarn anyone from going here and spare them of the horrific experience. Icing on the cake - front desk staff member named Mirabel could not have been more rude if she tried. I had to listen to her be rude to me and about 50 other people for 55 minutes while waiting; trust me, I know. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Dr Helliwell lives up to his name! He lied about how much Pelvic Mesh he put into me back in 2007 & 2009. The Mesh Removal Dr in 2016 told me about all the Mesh. She also told me & my partner that Helliwell also Completely "BUTCHERED" my Pelvic area Insides. My Colon, Bladder, & sexual organs are so damaged. My Pelvic floor is "COMPLETELY" Gone, and that is what Protects your Pelvic Area Organs. I CAN'T & HAVEN'T had an intimate relationship Since 2007 ( original surgery). Helliwell SHOULD NOT be able to practice Medicine. Helliwell is a DANGEROUS PERSON AS A DOCTOR. I will Never be the same. Helliwell took so much from me & HIS WIFE was the ASSISTING SURGEON. They sent me to every "SHRINK" that they knew trying to convince me the Excruciating "PAIN" I was in was all in my Head. It wasn't !! The Mesh had BROKEN UP & MIGRATED through my Body. The Mesh is a Highly Toxic Polypropylene Plastic, the same compounds Water Bottles are Made of, & Helliwell knew this. Helliwell was Paid Off by Big Pharmaceutical Companies to Use these Inferior Products. My Body is still in so much horrific pain & my organs are Irreparably Damaged by Helliwell. Helliwell is NO Doctor, he is a MONSTER with a SCALPAL.!! And Helliwell "HID" ALL my Medical Records!! There is so much more to My story Regarding Helliwells MALPRACTICE.!! Call me, I will tell you 6613454809

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

This office has gone downhill these last few years. The office looks filthy, the staff is rude and unprofessional. The wait times are horrific. He has become very lazy in his job. I've been going to him for 8 years too long. So sad, this office used to be very nice and spa like. Now it's just like a clinic where you are just a number :(

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Excellent, caring doctor and helpful staff! Wait is very long though. Well, I guess that is to be expected when the doctor is really good and in demand!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Today I had a small procedure with Dr. Helliwell. He was very caring and explained the procedure in detail. I was nervous about the pain and discomfort but Dr Halliwell took the time to make me comfortable and his nurse held my hand! He and his staff are very professional yet down to earth as well. Im glad I have them for my health care!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Very nice and professional, the staff is amazing. Everyone that works there is so kind and professional.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Had lipo done he doesn't know what he is doing ! I look terrible. Do not go to this Dr

Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's response
I appreciate all feedback - good, bad or indifferent - as it guides my understanding of my patients and their concerns. I am sorry to learn that you are not satisfied with the results of your liposuction procedure. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you by your review, as there is no name attached. I was also previously unaware of any lipo patients who had concerns about their outcome. Regardless, my goal is to provide 100% patient satisfaction, and I am disappointed any time this goal cannot be met. I invite you to contact my office so we can discuss your concerns in greater detail. I sincerely hope to speak with you soon. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

Submitted October 29, 2015

I had a horrible traumatic encounter with This doctor and the staff is lazy and not knowledgeable at all.... He performed a breast augmentation on myself and I went under the "local anesthesia " and it was horrific . Now I know why you get what you pay for ...I told him & his staff I could feel the pain and to add more pain meds... They couldn't believe that I wasn't "average"with the pain tolerance. I could feel Everything.... Laying helpless on the hospital bed I knew I made the wrong choice. I thought his bedside manner would be a good choice when I met with him for my multiple consultations... Later I got a infection and nearly died... I definitely do not recommend him ladies please do your research before going into surgery !

Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's response
I am troubled and surprised by this review as I am unable to recall any patient who fits the described circumstances. Indeed, several details of the review come as a shock. No patient treated at my practice has ever "nearly died" as a result of an infection following a surgical procedure. Furthermore, no one has complained of a "horrific" experience due to the effects of local anesthesia. Lastly, I carry board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology and am a Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery in breast, body and extremities. I strive to deliver the results my patients desire, and do so with a minimal amount of discomfort. In an overwhelming majority of the cases I am successful in achieving the hoped-for outcomes. Before any patient decides to proceed with surgery, we discuss the risks, benefits and likely outcomes of every recommended procedure. During such consultative appointments, patients are also educated about the various anesthetic options. Local anesthesia, for example, provides several benefits over general anesthesia, including less nausea (and/or vomiting), quicker recovery periods (patients are able to walk out of the recovery room faster), and less discomfort once the patient reaches home. As the author alludes to, local anesthesia has the added benefit of being less expensive than general anesthesia. If a patient does begin to feel some discomfort during the procedure, more of the sedative can be added quickly to counteract the discomfort. I feel strongly that this review was posted to my profile erroneously. Nonetheless, if I am mistaken, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with the author of this review - please contact my office at your convenience.

Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Jason P. Helliwell's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)