Ratings for Dr. Robert Jay

He told me to go home and i said I am going to kill myself and he said go ahead your adult you can make your own choice

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This doctor prescribed me medication i refused several times and his workers cornered me into a room and stuck a needle in me, if you do not cooperate with them they call the police handcuff you to and ambulance bed make you pay for the ambulance bill and force you into hillsborough hospital for the insane while all you were doing was walking your dog in the park.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

excellent, first psychiatrist to care and make a difference. Hears you out, is there if you just want to talk.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

He writes his own reviews and never went to medical school, he is not a M.D. Fraud.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Just beware, his below mediocre secretary thinks she has higher than a community college education. She is extremely rude to patients and has zero professional skills when dealing with people she should respect ie: Nursing staff, pharmacists, doctors. Worst reception in PEI

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Very well mannered Dr. Doesn't force drugs into you like some. My first psychiatrist diagnosed me before i got two words in. Dr. Jay will listen if you feel you want to talk. I even suggest what i need and he listens and considers if it is a good thing or not. Having a mental illness for 20 yrs i was on one drug during that time but it was affecting other health problems so we talked and i wanted to try this new medicine he thought it over and he gave me a prescription for it and eased me down on the other and to tell you i have never felt this good in 20 yrs. Thanks to Dr. Jay i feel alive again and not so blah all the time. If you go in there being mad or rude do you think a Dr. really wants to discuss things (turn things around would you like to deal with someone like the way you act) be civilized and Dr's will treat you great just saying. There are bad Dr. but Jay is a good one in my 20 yrs with different drs.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I find Dr. Jay easy to talk to & very professional. He came up with a plan, explained it clearly to me, asked my opinion and we agreed to proceed. The only down side (no fault of his) is the time between visits. Island psychiatrists are swamped with patients unfortunately. I definitely recommend Dr. Jay & thank him for all his help over the years.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

A kind, caring, empathetic and very knowledgeable doctor. Very dedicated to his patients, and unrelenting in his efforts to help. Willing to explore many options for treatment until finding one that is effective. Takes the time to listen to patient's concerns and point of view. Anyone would be fortunate to have him for their doctor, would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr Jay did nothing to help my problem with depression.Within five minutes of meeting him I had decided to never seek his help again.At one point in my meeting with him he suggested that I experiment with my sexuality! What a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

he is gentle and kind but not forward looking for the patient

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010