Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Buchanan

Dr Buchanan has been my family doctor for quite some time now. I am pleased with how she deals with me and my concerns with my health. She is knowledgeable and willing to listen to what I have to say. Yes, she is busy but so are most doctors in this town.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I saw Dr Buchanan for prenatal visits and she ended up delivering my son at the end of November. He was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate which was a surprise to us at birth. During this emotional and stressful time, Dr Buchanan was fantastic. She kept us informed the whole way and immediately set us up with specialist care in Edmonton. She was patient and kind and helped us through during the whirlwind of his birth and the days immediately after. I am very confident in her care and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I found Dr. Buchanan to be the most approachable and caring doctor I have ever had. She spent a great deal of time with me discussing my issues and understanding my condition. A compassionate person with great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Great doctor. Very to the point, very honest (even brutally), and as busy as she is, does not overlook important things. I am lucky to have had her for maternity services.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Horrible experience. Wish I could undo this part of my life and find another doctor who actually communicates with her patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

doesn't seem to have anytime for you - rushed in rushed out - barely have two seconds to discuss. Very poor and doesn't appear to be really interested in the patient anymore. Maybe it is time for a change....

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I was recommended Dr Buchanan by a friend and I am so glad I found her. First of all, her staff was helpful and was able to get me an appointment with Dr Buchanan even though she is very busy. When I did see her, she was very knowledgable and caring with a concern for my needs. Sooo glad I got her for my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

She has horrible bedside manner and always makes me feel like we've never met, she doesn't know me, and she doesn't have time for me.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Disappointed with my experience - made worse by her lack of sensitivity and impatience. I have not felt like my body is my own ever since my experience with this doctor due to her misleading communication and lack of information.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Go ahead and see this doctor if you don't care about fully informed consent. She compared the drugs she used to the date rape drug and gave misleading information about the procedure. Regret the whole experience.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014