Ratings for Dr. R. Cameron Emmott

Very disappointed in the care received. Everybody makes mistakes, but double that with the lack of time and care and BAD things can happen. Way too many good docs around to jeopardize your well being with this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

very intelligent anddown to earth doctor, I really liked him a lot

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I went to Dr. Emmott for bilateral hernia operation. He asked if i was single and sexually active and fertile, had i ever been involved in an abortion. Odd question, but i answered truthfully , a few old girlfriends had forgotten to take the pill daily and did not want me reminding them. At Burlingame's Mills Peninsula Hospital, i read the surgery orders for "vasectomy" only. I objected to the hospital admitting staff , three times, that this was the wrong paperwork and i was Definitely not getting sterilized, just the bilateral hernia operation. Each time the hospital said it was the correct new paperwork to just sign, yet each time it was the same old wrong paperwork for just "vasectomy". When i contacted Dr.Emmott , he said it was his signature on the Surgical Order, but it was his nurse's mistake. I begged the head surgeon and the head OR male nurse to make sure the operation was done properly and legally. In the end , i do not know if i was sterilized. AMA did nothing.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Excellent, careful, skillfull, friendly doctor. I would recomment him to everybody. I fill lucky to know him.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

I saw Dr. Emmott for 3 years, after my PSA was >10 (i.e, 50% chance of prostate cancer). He repeatable said it was Prostatitis and after years of this my PSA was >30. Finally he did a biopsy and I found out I had prostate cancer. Any other Urologist would have found the cancer years earlier. My chance of dying has increased due his incompetence. RUN FROM HIM

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

It took one month just to get an appointment for my prostatitis. Appointment was brief but OK. The problem was that the medication did not work after one week and I called to get the medication changed as I was in pain. I left a message with the assistant and was told doctor Emmott would call me back. He never called and it took 5 phone calls of pestering them over the next 4 weeks just to get one brief call back from him which I finally got, but far too late. He was very curt and gave me advice to stop the medication which I questioned but obeyed. It turned out to be wrong and has now prolonged my problem. There must be a real shortage of urologist in SF area for him to be so busy. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2007

Dr. R. Cameron Emmott's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Burlingame, CA