Ratings for Dr. Janet Ames

Extremely poor behaviour. Not mature enough to work with public. Not able to cope with information beyond the obvious. Defames other HCPs, their knowledge and expertise and practices, including but not limited to physiotherapy and massage therapy. Threw her clip board after having a fit during my appointment. Extremely unprofessional and helpful. Possibly an OK surgeon?? Don't know can't trust her.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Had an appointment with Dr. Ames last week. She was late for her appointment to begin with and then she was so impatient with getting through the initial assessment and kept snapping at me. I finally informed her that if she was so rushed that maybe she should quit cramming as many appointments as she could in the day (turns out there were 4 no-shows that day and she was angry about that-gee wonder why). She kept huffing and speaking in a raised voice because I couldnt position my leg exactly as she wanted due to increasing pain. As a registered nurse on the medical floor in the hospital, I have ample experience dealing with doctors and I found Dr Ames to be one of the rudest, unprofessional, disorganized doctors I have encountered. Since I also have a high pain tolerance due to standing on my feet all day long, I wasnt wincing as much as she expected me to and she told me as such stating "I think you're lying about your injury". I left. DO NOT SEE THIS POOR EXCUSE OF A DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I am so grateful to have dealt with Dr Ames for years...she is bright, resourceful, straight forward, honest and engaged. Truly cares about the best for her patients.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

My name is Tim Archer. I have had the priveledge to be seen by Dr Ames on several occasions. She has always been helpful and would absolutely see her again should the need arise. Thank you Dr Ames and staff

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

This Doctor I have only seen once ...I have been in the clinic for months I have requested to see her and have been denied.She seen me once told me I would make a full recovery and soon be back at work.... I go into her clinic and sometimes sit for a very long time when i ask for ice packs or hot packs they tell me they have no time...they just give you a program to follow and do not check on you. I was sent there with herniated discs and pinched nerves and when I ask what I am there for they say to strengthen my core . There is very little one on one at her clinic and from my observation this is the same for many. You would think that she would interact with her patients but it is very obvious that you are just a piece of paper collecting a fee. Very very disappointed and not feeling well at all

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

She is very forward and very honest about your problem. If you can't stand the truth being throwen at you then don't go and see her.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

I saw Dr. Ames after a car accident a couple years ago. Not only was she knowledgeable but too she was thorough. I enjoyed her honesty and her detailed explanation of how neck and back injury's are affected by having a weak core. Although I am not healed or cured she has inspired me to keep my core strong to prevent further injury to an already weak spine. She explained in detail about MRI's and the overuse of them and the radiation concerns with overuse of x-rays. She is definitely not a "Dr. Phil" type of physician, which I appreciate. If your looking for sympathy or someone to feel sorry for you, she will not. She will tell you how to increase strength, and refer you to proper specialists IF you really need it. I appreciate her honesty and her blunt honesty in saying that I may never heal, but I can reduce the complications by being fit all around. After reading the previous posts I was a bit afraid of going to see her, but after meeting her I have found the opposite to be true.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Very rude doctor. Examined me for approximately 8 minutes, told me I was fine and wrote a prescription to do pilates. At 22, 5'11 and 145 pounds and an athlete, apparently I was weak and unfit and that is why I was injured. Went on and on and on about how tall people get injured, deal with it there's nothing you can do. What a waste of time!!!! My family doctor completely disagreed with her "diagnosis".

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

JUST FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND IT REMINDED ME OF WHEN I HAD TO DEAL WITH HER SEVERAL YEARS AGO THROUGH AN ICBC ACCIDENT. I ALSO AT THAT TIME FOUND HER TO BE ONE OF THE MOST RUDE, CONDESCENDING, ABRUPT PHYSICIANS OR PROFESSIONALS IN ANY FIELD THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH EVEN UP TO THIS DATE. I STILL REMEMBER VERY CLEARLY HOW POORLY I FELT TREATED BY THIS WOMAN. I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN ANY KIND OF DIFFICULT PATIENT FOR ANY DOCTOR OR PHYSIO. HER ATTITUDE AND DEMEANOUR WAS ABSOLUTELY ATTROCIOUS AND OBVIOUSLY BY ALL THE COMMENTS POSTED NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH HER. SHE HAS PUT HER SELF IN THE WRONG PROFESSION AND EVERYONE ELSE MUST PAY THE PRICE FOR HER DEMEANOUR. IN THIS PROFESSION WHILE SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE ARE VERY IMPORTANT EQUALLY IMPORTANT IS THE ABILITY TO TREAT PATIENTS WITH RESPECT, DIGNITY, AND COMPASSION. SHE IS INCAPABLE OF DOING SO !!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

This consult was a complete waste of time. Dr. Ames did not address any of my concerns or care to listen to my problem. She is definitely a poor excuse for an MD.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011