Ratings for Dean Cross

Unlike the majority of commentators, I respect Dean Cross's professional approach where he puts the patient's recovery in the patient's hands. If you want to improve and achieve positive results, then you have to become actively involved in your goals, not passively seeking to be "fixed." Dean has a very realistic view and gives his patients the tools to use to work through his or her issues, IF he or she takes responsibility for rehabilitation. Dean certainly does not coddle people who want to take it easy and drag out the program because "it hurts" or because someone else is covering the bill!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Works for insurance companies only and does not take patients funded by AHS or WCB. As stated in other reviews below, Dean Cross seems to be living in a fantasy world where his ego lets him believe that he is the best and that his approach to treatment is better than any other program available. He guarantees results to the insurance company. If the treatment fails to produce the promised result, it is the fault of the patient and never a result of his treatment program. If your insurance company refers you to Dean Cross or "On Site Rehabilitation" demand an alternative program. Avoid this program and individual.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

very unprofessional ... meets in the lobby of YMCA , where there is a very high traffic of people, sits at a table there and discusses everything about you. Which is suppose to be confidential.. he disagrees with pretty much anything your health practitioners, specialists etc have told you. Tries to convince you your condition or illness is all in your head.. sets up an exercise program, which he calls a treatment plan . And if your condition does not allow you to participate 100%, he tells your insurance company you didn't try.....which is very unfair...

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

My insurance company has recently tried to force me to see this physiotherapist despite four medical professionals' opinion that I cannot be placed into any intensive physiotherapy. After reading the below reviews, I now understand why. For anyone that has been harmed by him reporting him to his licensing college helps prevent physiotherapists like this from causing further harm - https://www.physiotherapyalberta.ca/public_and_patients/complaint_or_concern. Also, your insurance company and the physiotherapist can be sued for causing harm and there are many lawyers that specialize in this and will just take a cut from whatever settlement you receive.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Might be good to treat tennis elbow or a sprained finger - Nothing More! If you have serious physical issues and chronic pain - STAY AWAY. Agree with many other reviews. Dean Cross believes that his knowledge and skill far exceeds that of professionally trained and qualified pain management physicians. It does not! Dean Cross is in bed with the insurance companies and promises them a cheap program that guarantees to return a worker to the job after completing his program. Only after threatening legal action against my insurance company was I referred to a proper and reputable clininc. I completed a proper program that included a team of qualified professionals, all under the supervision of a qualified MD and pain management specialist. The program provided physical therapy, occupational therapy, psysological therapy and access to a variety of other support services. It was three times longer and it worked. (The down side was it took 10 days to get started in the second program) So, if you can wait 10 days, do yourself a favour if you are sent here and push back against your insurance company. Find someone and somewhere else. It's been said before, this is a Mickey Mouse program that is led by an egotistical, under qualified physiotherapist.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I have to disagree with the majority of the ratings on this page. Dean has helped me immensely with my conditions. He has given me a positive and more educated outlook and I'm feeling my body and life turning around for the better. It's truly good to feel good again, thank you for all your help and insightfulness Dean

Submitted November 2, 2016

He is a hack!! He just wants to keep his practice going whether its right or wrong. He works for insurance and wants to keep their buisness regardless of what people are going through. Thinks he is a finacial advisor and a MD doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone. EVER!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I cannot recommend Mr Cross. Please look at all the previous reviews.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I am shocked reading these comments. Him and the Kinesiologists that I've worked with have been knowlagable. I found Dean to be very friendly and funny. He makes me smile and feel better about myself and my increasing strength and improvement. He has taken time to talk with me and encouraging me. He see's the patient as a whole. I DO recommend Dean.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Previous reviews reflect my experience. I cannot recommend this individual.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016