Ratings for Dr. Lisa Odabasi

Dr. Odabasi exhibits poor listening skills and has a brusque, unfriendly demeanor. I have no reason to distrust her diagnostic or procedural skills, but her communication abilities are poor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I had to comment after reading a couple of these reviews. Dr. Odabasi is a wonderful Dr., which is proven by how difficult it is to get an appointment. I have had two colonoscopies with her and she greets you with a smile and kind words and stops by your room after the procedure to answer all of your questions with patience. I have had two visits with her extremely competent P.A. Catherine, who takes your concerns seriously and schedules test accordingly. Unfortunately most people who have good experiences don't write reviews.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Odabasi saw my husband while he was suffering from the side effects of the treatment for head neck cancer. Dr. Odabasi wasn't able to treat him due to the complexity of the radiation damage, but recommended a doctor that could. She got right on the phone and had my husband in with the other doctor the next day. That proactive care is exactly what we needed. A year and a half later I ended up severely anemic and needed a colonoscopy to try to determine the cause. Dr. Odabasi discovered that I had stage III colon cancer. Once again, she got right on the phone and got my care started with a surgeon and oncologist. Dr. Odabasi has a special place in the hearts of my family members.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Totally missed the diagnosis and wasted both time and money. We only saw the physician once, constantly seen by a nurse practitioner with poor diagnostic skills. Find someone else if you want to get well!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

I received excellent care and was treated with respect by Dr. Odabasi and her staff. I've been through two colonoscopies in two years with this team, and would them highly.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

had a very good experience with the nurses, and the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I asked Dr. Odabasi to perform a colonoscopy on my parent because my mother was prone to polyps and I didn't want to wait five years between tests. Unfortunately, the doctor refused to speak with Medicare and when my mother finally had her colonoscopy this year there were so many polyps they could not be removed. Now I have to worry about cancer arising from an unremoved polyp. I will find another physician to assist my mother.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

This doctor has NO bedside manner. After being prepped for a colonoscopy by the nurses she came in BEHIND me and said "have I DONE you before?" Yes she had, twice but had not bothered to read my record. Never looked directly at me.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2009

I would not recommend her.I suffered a peforated colon and the next day had to undergo major abdominal surgery after she performed a colonoscopy on me.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

Dr. Lisa Odabasi's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Davis Vision
Eyemed Vision Care
Spectera Eyecare Networks
Superior Vision
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)