Ratings for Dr. Garry C. Karounos

Very rude. Talks over you, mainsplain, doesn't listen at all. When I asked that he let me speak and not talk over me he just kept talking like I had said nothing. I realized then HE REALLY WASN'T LISTENING AT ALL.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

don't go to him if you are an older lady. yes, egotistical he is. Doesn't believe in any type of homone replacement theraphy either. I too had lyme d. problems-a horrible skin condition on lower legs. He insisted it was from a circulation problem. It is not. He makes one out to be a nut.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Terrible doctor! Very egotistical, insulting and unprofessional. There's a reason he's ranked 2nd to last of all OB/GYNs in Allentown. Google him and read about the $4 million malpractice judgment against him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Love him! Very smart and up to date about everything. He's kind and really takes the time to talk to his patients and get to know them. I live about an hour away from where he practices and I still kept him as my OB throughout my pregnancy. It was worth it and I really felt like my baby and I were taken care of.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Worst doctor EVVVERRRR. Told me different things every time I came in about the same problems I was having. RUDE staff too!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Karounos since May 2004 and he delivered 3 children for me, one of which was and induced VBAC and he stayed at the hospital the entire time I was being induced to make sure the hospital didn't "needlessly cut me open" in his words. I got to the hospital at 8:30am on Friday and my son wasn't born until 2:19am and he came to see me every day with all 3 of my children, one was born the day after Christmas and another was born on Labor Day Weekend.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!! I went to this doc for my first pregnancy in 2007 and being my first I had no idea what to expect besides what friends had told me. First appt he seemed "ok" but did not do any ultrasound. I was a little unsure of that and when I told people they also seemed surprised. My 2nd appt (also my last appt) I had asked about the quad screen which I think is done generally between 12-16 weeks. When I asked him he said he didnt believe in testing and as long as felt ok nothing was wrong? REALLY?!?!? I had an issue with a sore throat that was so bad I couldn't eat anything b/c it hurt to swallow any food. He said take motrin. Take motrin at about 13-14 weeks prego? Motrin is on the DO NOT TAKE list!! So at that point I switched docs to Dr Abbruzzi in bethlehem and LOVED her. When I switched offices they were so surprised at the new office by the things he said and did. I was so glad to have left Dr K. Horrible billing staff also. They are the rudest people in the world!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

This doctor can at times come off a bit rude, however I found him to be pretty good with my ob care. He is an excellent surgeon, and that was exactly what I was looking for. He delivered my daughter via c-section and when I bled out...he was quick at my bedside.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

First & foremost, at first I thought his quirkiness was refreshingly distracting, but then it quickly turned to pure rudeness. One appt he tells me I gained 12lbs in a month, which was true, but then he proceeds to question me repeatedly about what I'm indulging in, until Mr. bright guy decides to look at his weight chart & realizes I was underweight before pregnancy & now my body is catching up. Then my next appt. he tells me to eat Mc.Donalds & Chinese. The worst appt was the day after I went to the ER for extreme pain in my leg, and of course the ER sent me right up to L/D. So, during my follow-up appt with Dr. K, he tells me I was wasting everyone's time & that they have more important things to do & that I should have went to ER first, WHICH I DID. Then later tells me he GOOGLED why I could be anemic, but he didn't find what he was looking for. He GOOGLED it. If that's what it takes to be a doctor, consider me an MD. He also tells you to take ibuprofen???

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr. Garry C. Karounos's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1989)