Ratings for Dr. Patrick M. Rocco

Dr Rocco has done 2 different surgeries on me. One in the hospital and one in the office. Both times he was very informative, let me know all my options and explained the procedures to my content. His staff is helpful and kind. They were very quick with paperwork for my job and also good at answering questions I had after surgery. Would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Very informative, answered all my questions. Surgery went great. Very pleased. Office is easy to deal with and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

He repaired a hernia. Was sent home without pain medication. When I called to ask about it, I was told that I would have to come to the office to pick it up. I told his staff I was a day surgery and could not drive under doctors orders for 3 weeks, but said my husband could come and pick it the prescription. I was told no, that he could not that it had to be me. Luckily I had pain meds left over from a prior injury. When I went in the next week for a post op check up I expressed my displeasure with the situation. Both he and his female staff member laughed. There were complications with the way the wound healed. I called the office and never received a return call. I ended up seeking help from the APRN at my PCPs office. When was time for my husband to get his gallbladder out, we found a competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Did my gallbladder surgery (lapriscopically)...I couldn't have asked for a more caring or congenial doctor. Had NO problems whatsoever. Did NOT rush me into surgery (waited until it was definately called for). Follow up care was excellent. I would definately reccomend him to anyone and I am thankful for his help in my time of illness.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Terrible, he operated on my leg, and I almost ended up lossing my leg. After the stitches were taken out my incission popped wide open. My wound was infected, I complained to him several times that my leg was oozing and he said that was normal, but I told him yes, but not that much. Still he insisted that was normal. After all he was the doctor. I had 3 yrs of debreedment treatments at a wound care center after his surgery and lots of extended care at home, I was unable to walk for a long period of time and lost lots of work time. All due to his carelessness, and not double checking my wound. Please get a second opinion if you have had surgery by him and are having problems. I learned the hard way. Thank God I am ok today, but I have a terrible scar that reminds me of him everyday.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I guess he's a competent enough surgeon but he was terrible about answering questions. He sees you for about 30 seconds and then he's out of there. It was very frustrating for me becuase I ended up having to look up the info about my procedure on WebMD. Due to that, I would not go back to him again and would not recommend him. My issue was fairly routine but if I had something truly life threatening I certainly would go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2007

Dr. Patrick M. Rocco's Credentials

• Royal Coll Of Surgeons In Ireland, Med Sch, Dublin, Ireland (Grad. 1988)