Ratings for Dr. Mark M. Passey

Worst doctor in Utah. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. He hears what he wants and decides how you feel and it's always in your head if it's pain. Don't see this man of you are in pain and want actual help. He told me to find another doctor after when I told him what he was doing as far as his "care" wasn't working. He profiled me as a drug seeker the first time I saw him. My history shows nothing of the sort and he refused to give me any other options for pain control. His staff are great people though.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Passey felt that having me addicted to one narcotic would take my mind off the migraines that I was having, and when they would get worse he would increase the dose. After4 years of that I had finally had enough and told him I would like to try something new, he called me some nice names and told me to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Passey now for several years due to a car accident. I suffer from post traumatic brain injury and have server head aches. I have memory loss and cognitive problems. Workman’s Comp would not agree on my injuries and Dr. Passey took considerable time to listen to my story and problems. He helped me find the right doctors to help with my cognitive problems and deal with their reality. He has reduced my continual head aches to minimal through proper medicines. They have been coming back as of late and his approach of med changes, stress reductions and better sleep habits have helped considerably. He is attentive and seems to truly care about me and my situation. Highly Recommended.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I saw Dr. Passey after back surgery that left me in a lot of pain. I couldn't eat or sleep. On my first visit he prescribed an anti depressant to help me sleep. I was already on one but he assured me this would help. He also told me to start a cardio work out. WHAT?!! I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes and had gone from 140 pnds. to 112 pnds. because of the pain. The next day my husband came home from work early to find me unconscious! He took me to the ER where they rushed me in and started fluids and ran tests. It took 6 pounds of fluid before I came to, and I was so low on potassium I could have died. I went back to him the next week (my bad) and he just prescribed another anti depressant! I called a week later and said they weren't helping and I was getting even more depressed. I asked if he could prescribe a muscle relaxer instead and he snapped at me and said "I might as well poor you a drink every night!" I couldn't believe it. I never went back to him. Awful Dr.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Mark Passey was treating my pain from the surgery that didn't have a good outcome and NEVER ordered as much as an X ray when my condition got worse. I saw Passey for 6 years and as long as the appointments were "routine" he was happy. This doctor wants to get paid to have patients come in for prescriptions only. There is nothing more he did in all these years and when I wanted to see a another doctor he did all he could to prevent me from changing. I am finally free and can find out why I am hurting and losing control of certain functions. If all you need is a doc to write prescriptions for you then this doc is OK but don't expect anything else because he will try to trap you and not try to diagnose anything. When I got Workers Comp to let me see another doctor Passey was was not nice about it at all, I should say his assistant wasn't nice she was actually rude but I can only assume it is because of Passey. Good Luck

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Works close with IHC, specialist co-pay. Excellent nurse when at spine center, once moved to new office, nursing staff not very friendly, gets the job done but not pleasant. I no longer see the Smile, kindness, genuine concern for me from the nurse staff, only directness to the point, done. That is missed. Office staff somewhat helpful on monthly script, could be more helpful. Dr. Passey stays current in his field. I feel he is an expert, not a drug pusher. Does not want to allow anyone to abuse pain meds, I do not, but anyone looking for just an extra prescription will find no tolerance. I have been seeing Dr. Passey at least 6 years, good doctor. Gives me the best available care for chronic pain, listens, attentive to concerns, very helpful. I would recomend him to my mother.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I have only seen Dr. Passey a few times and will be going back soon. he put me on suboxone to help with my pain and get me off norco.I only tried suboxone a couple of days but had terrible side effects so called and he was really rude told me that i didn't give it enough time then when i said i would give it longer he snapped at me and told me to make an apt. and just hung up very rude man I am sure if it was my own ins. co he may have treated me better but that shouldn't matter to a doctor that really cares about the patient not the money If you are on workers comp I would request another pain management dr. like Dr. lordon they were very nice and tried to help me out but workers comp switched me as soon as they listened to me and not them. this state has a awful system for workers and the doctors they send you to are just as bad.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr. passey does not listen to you ! cannot remember your previous visit or what you talked about. Never answers your questions just tell you stories about others.Believes that if i get off of pain meds pain will go away even though the test and scans he orderd ther is major damage .Damage that cannot be repaired and nerve damage that will only get worse

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

My family has a long history of chronic pain issues to start. My Mother has been going to Dr. Passey for years and has had not one problem with him. Infact a couple years ago, for an unknown reason, my Mom went in to renal failure and liver failure. She then went into a coma. Dr. Passey was one of the docs on the team working on her. And my mom is alive and well. And I really feel That Dr. Passey played a big role in her recovery. And he is still treating her chronic pain successfully. I have pain issues myself and have an appt. with him. I would definetly refer anyone to him

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr. Passey was one of the few Dr's who acknowledged my pain. He referred me to a great physical therapist, who also was wonderful. After being seen by many Dr's who didn't believe me about the pain I was having it was so refreshing to have a Dr. that was willing to listen and accept all possibilities about my condition.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

Dr. Mark M. Passey's Credentials

• Univ Of Ut Sch Of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 84132 (Grad. 1980)

Centene