Ratings for Dr. Dan Filaferro

I went to Dr. Filaferro's office today with multiple issues with my eyes, and the experience was totally positive! I was in the office for quite some time; however, I went from one thing to another during that time, having multiple tests until I saw the doctor. He was extremely nice and said that my problems do not appear to be anything that they can't get easily fixed up for me. He spent an adequate amount of time to explain what was happening and what the next steps would be and addressed my concerns.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Right now I a seeing Dr. Filaferro. I am not overly thrilled with his mannerism or treatment to date. However, I have another upcoming visit. Following this visit I will decide if I want to continue being a patient of his.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Was referred to this "quack" as an urgent referral. Had a barrage of testing done before actually seeing the dr. This "quack" runs an assembly line of patients that he spends as little time as possible with. Absolutely no interest in my concerns or the questions I asked. He seemed to be more interested in making as much money as possible by cramming as many patients as possible into his clinic hours. He was a total "A$$" and should loose his license to practice. I will be going back to my GP to request another referral to a "real" doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Very very unhappy with my visit today. When I checked in with reception I was asked for all my concerns. I said my main concern was no sight in my right eye in very dark conditions, then reception asked of any other issues. I said pain behind my eye that's minor and driving at night vision not great but not worried about that. It was the no sight that concerns me. Told to take a seat. my appointment was at 1:30pm.... waited an hour and a half to see the doctor! Didn't see him until 3:00pm and he was with me for 4 mins!!!! He walked in, told me about my eye pain ("headache not an eye issue") then was told "bad night vision.... common at your age". I'M 52 years old!!!! Told him I wasn't concerned about my driving night vision or pains, concerned about my lack of sight in my right eye..... he said...."Normal" he could tell I was VERY unhappy so he looked in my eyes sent me out the the room for another "Test" and that was the last I saw of him. What an unprofessional, rude Man! Can't call him a doctor because he literally didn't act like one today. No interest in me and my issues at all. Wonder how much charges Alberta health care for 4 mins work...... I have a call and complaint into the College of Physicians and Surgeons because this Man is a horrible Doctor!!!! To bad I can't indicate my rating as a -10

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Couldn't diagnose glaucoma until I told him,, cataracts wait, wait, went to new ophthalmologist and she asked why I haven't done something about cataract, had surgery already, if you see Dr. filaferro get a second opinion. Run don't walk to new Dr.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

His staff was really good. His bedside manner is terrible. He is REALLY condescending and rude. Leave a 3 hour window for your appointment even though he will only spend 45 seconds with you. Was referred to another doc after seeing him 4 times for a problem he couldn't fix. Other doc fixed it immediately.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I was nervous to see Dr Filaferro after reading these reviews and am happy to report that he is kind, informative and caring. I saw him after my Optometrist diagnosed me with PVD in my right eye. He did not refer me to an ophthalmologist so I went to my family doctor to refer me - just to get a second opinion. As it turns out I have PVD in my other eye and a different issue in the right eye. Dr. Filaferro suggested I come back in 3 months to assess whether the issue has subsided. I was very happy with the staff, the short wait time and how organized they are. He may seem short to people because he has an immense number of patients waiting to see him - we were all moved through the various stages of testing quickly and efficiently.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Filaferro is an excellent physician. He is very thorough, and I am lucky to have him as our ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I have been to this ophthalmologist 5 times now... He is very brisk, he comes in, gets the job done and leaves. I personally like this as I do not want to spend all day at the doctors, he has taken the time to answer any questions I have. The wait is a little long to get in, but I find that with alot of doctors.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Was extremely disappointed with him. This was my first visit with him during which time he hardly examined by eyes, not did he take the time to explain thing to me or answer all my questions. Very arrogant attitude. Like he couldn't get me out of his office fast enough. Certainly would not recommend him, nor will I go back to him. I'm a senior and have seen a fair share of doctors during my time and I must say that this guy was the worst doctor I have ever had any dealings with.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016