You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dan Filaferro

I have been to this ophthalmologist 5 times now... He is very brisk, he comes in, gets the job done and leaves. I personally like this as I do not want to spend all day at the doctors, he has taken the time to answer any questions I have. The wait is a little long to get in, but I find that with alot of doctors.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Was extremely disappointed with him. This was my first visit with him during which time he hardly examined by eyes, not did he take the time to explain thing to me or answer all my questions. Very arrogant attitude. Like he couldn't get me out of his office fast enough. Certainly would not recommend him, nor will I go back to him. I'm a senior and have seen a fair share of doctors during my time and I must say that this guy was the worst doctor I have ever had any dealings with.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I had some laser work done after cataract surgery. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. The office runs like a Swiss watch.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I had scar tissue after cataract surgery removed. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. It made a world of difference.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent, though usually long wait times and staff are not overly polite

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

HORRIBLE... I literally left his office crying because of how rude he was with me; he said "there was nothing he could do for me", even though I had pea sized lumps under my eyelids, in which he diagnosed, but couldn't fix apparently. I quickly got referred to someone else, a dermatologist in fact, who fixed my eye problem.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Filaferro told me what was wrong with my eye when regular eye doctors/examiners downplayed the severity of what the problem was. He is an excellent health professional - fast, but thorough diagnosis. When I checked these rating before going to him I was concerned - but now I think many of these ratings are too low and too critical.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

The WORST doctor I have ever met! The whole experience of the consultation was so negative that I don't want to comment further. So sad that Alberta Government has to pay for this non-professional consultation which lasted less than 1 minute.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I just went to see Mr. Filaferro and the visit was just perfectly fine. It was professional and fast. I can't comment on his competency yet, but did not get the impression that I should doubt it. I am usually not somenbody who comments and rates on the web, but due to all the negative ratings here I felt I should write that my experience was quite positive.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

Dr. Dan Filaferro's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been to this ophthalmologist 5 times now... He is very brisk, he comes in, gets the job done and leaves. I personally like this as I do not want to spen..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Was extremely disappointed with him. This was my first visit with him during which time he hardly examined by eyes, not did he take the time to explain thing t..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had some laser work done after cataract surgery. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. The office runs like..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had scar tissue after cataract surgery removed. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. It made a world of..."

May 28, 2015