You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dan Filaferro

I had some laser work done after cataract surgery. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. The office runs like a Swiss watch.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I had scar tissue after cataract surgery removed. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. It made a world of difference.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Excellent, though usually long wait times and staff are not overly polite

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

HORRIBLE... I literally left his office crying because of how rude he was with me; he said "there was nothing he could do for me", even though I had pea sized lumps under my eyelids, in which he diagnosed, but couldn't fix apparently. I quickly got referred to someone else, a dermatologist in fact, who fixed my eye problem.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Filaferro told me what was wrong with my eye when regular eye doctors/examiners downplayed the severity of what the problem was. He is an excellent health professional - fast, but thorough diagnosis. When I checked these rating before going to him I was concerned - but now I think many of these ratings are too low and too critical.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

The WORST doctor I have ever met! The whole experience of the consultation was so negative that I don't want to comment further. So sad that Alberta Government has to pay for this non-professional consultation which lasted less than 1 minute.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I just went to see Mr. Filaferro and the visit was just perfectly fine. It was professional and fast. I can't comment on his competency yet, but did not get the impression that I should doubt it. I am usually not somenbody who comments and rates on the web, but due to all the negative ratings here I felt I should write that my experience was quite positive.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

This doctor is extremely arrogant, rude, aggressive and not knowledgeable. I was referred to him for vision problems. His visit was very short the first time. Follow up appt, the vision problems in one eye continued. He quickly did some tests and said my vision is normal. There is no problem, it's all in my head and said there is no way I could be having these vision problems. I went to another ophthalmologist, she said I had lost vision in outer half of both eyes and double vision was probably due to a stroke, brain hemmorrhage, tumor, etc. She quickly sent me in for an MRI and diagnosed and help me resolved the vision problems. This doctor is not very competent, and his dismissive, ignorant, aggressive attitude is horrible. If you get referred to him, please ask for another ophthalmologist. Your vision problems could be quite serious and dismissed by him as all in your head.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Lousy rapport-treated me as though my problem was not important enough for an important doctor such as himself. Brusque, dismissive, not wanting to answer questions, no empathy. A real ass. When I extended my hand to shake his at the end, he looked down his nose at me as if I were pond scum. NEVER, ever bother seeing this doctor-he is too full of himself to give a damn about patients and too busy to take his time and LISTEN to your concerns. wouldn't take my dog to him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Dan Filaferro's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had some laser work done after cataract surgery. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. The office runs like..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had scar tissue after cataract surgery removed. A fairly simple procedure, but Dr. Filaferro was professional, thoughtful and efficient. It made a world of..."

May 28, 2015