Ratings for Dr. Christiane Farazli

She was a MONSTER! I feel bad even giving her 1 star. Wish there were negative scores.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

This doctor almost gave a bunch of people AIDS and is currently facing a lawsuit and charges that should have her license removed.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I saw this doctor for 10 years and had 5 Colonoscopies they were painful but I thought that was normal. I changed Doctors and had a Colonoscopy and there was NO pain at all - I could not believe it. Do not use this doctor she is very surly and condescending very rough when giving the Colonoscopy

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

My husband & I had colonoscopies & gastroscopies done by Dr F. (Sept 2010 & Feb 2011). My husband was heavily sedated and didn't feel/know anything. However, two days later I was admitted to Montfort Hosp for emergency surgery resulting from a Perforated colon. I was diagnosed with acute peritonitis and had to have a colostomy. Dr F. was aware of my medical history at the consultation visit and still went ahead with the procedure - Knowledge? I told her twice that she poked/hurt me before she stopped the procedure. We will not be having this procedure done by her again!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Both my husband and I had gastro test (2008 and 2010) and he had a colonoscopy. Both our experiences very very good. No pain at all. Very knowledgeable and helpful. We have no complaints at all.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I had been experiencing abdominal pains, and was referred to Dr. Farazli in 2002. She performed a scan, and told me that I would feel better if I lost 25 pounds. At that time, I was training diligently in karate, played a sport every day, weighed 200 lbs., and was 14% body fat. I lost no weight, continued to have pains, and four months later, was admitted to the hospital. Tehy quickly diagnosed gall stones, and I had my gall bladder removed. Nine years later, no more pains! Dr. Farazli is an extremely corpulent woman. This observation is not normally of any concern, but a woman who is overweight (my rough guess is that she weighed 250 lbs. at the time) has no business telling a person of athletic build that drastic weight loss off a lean body will alleviate abdomenal pain. I believe she based her recommendation on slightly elevated fat counts in my liver. And now she is suing the Ottawa Hospital for a mis-diagnosis? I really resent visiting her clinic, conduct, and behaviour.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

No bedside manner.Uncommunicative. Rude. Sullen. Was not forcoming with any information. SHe was down right unpleasant.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I am heart-broken over these last days developments. This doctor was one of the kindest that I encountered in this city of Ottawa. I had 2 internal procedures done by her in February of this year, which means double the exposure. How is it possible that in a country like Canada these things are allowed to happen, I will never understand. Is there not one person that is following these kinds of websites and ratings that would have seen that this was a disaster waiting to happen? I am extremely disappointed, that we think so little of patients that we don't have routine checks in place for all clinics. It is time to put some policies in place at ALL levels of government.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

When I went for my appointment she was late. The spray used for my throat had started to wear off. When I started gagging she showed the tube down my throat. She told me I had an ulcer. I did not know if I should believe her because she had said the same thing to my mother who saw her years ago. When my mother tried to obtain a copy of this doctor's finding, nothing could be found in the Dr. Farazli file neither could it be found in my mother's file at her family doctor. Two years ago, I started building my own medical file, everytime I go for a test, blood work, etc..., I ask for a photocopy of all documents. When I received the letter yesterday, I was shocked. I am seeing my family doctor next week to consult/inquire when my test was done at her office and when I was diagnosed with the Helicobacter P Lori bacteria. I am also going to hold my family doctor's clinic responsible as they should ensure a doctor's clinic is safe before refering patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011