Ratings for Dr. Ethan Grober

I had my reversal vasectomy performed by Dr. Grober. It had been a little over 10 years since getting the initial vasectomy so I wasn't too hopeful of a positive outcome but you still have to try. The staff at the hospital could not have been nicer. Dr.Grober himself was very reassuring and confident about the procedure. My recuperation was pretty straight forward but the best bit was after less than 3 months my partner and I are now expecting our first child. Worth every penny and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Very cool guy. Had an adult circumcision and overall great result, but it took about a year and a half for the wound to mature and swelling to be non existent. Because the skin around there is loose and sensitive, everyone heals differently so I understand why there are other negative reviews. And it's also a very self conscious area, so anything that doesn't look right will be frustrating. Personally for me, the healing process went well, and I didn't have much pain. He seemed to know exactly how much skin to remove that wouldn't cause pain during erections. My only issue was the frenulum. One of my stitches came out, so while the rest of the cut is smooth, I have some bumps in that area that I'm thinking of getting corrected.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

We got pregnant 8 months post reversal and then again shortly after. Today we have a 15month old son and a 1 month old daughter. Thank you dr Grober.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

I had my vasectomy reversed end of November. We chose Dr. Grober because he is published in VR research and completes a few VRs weekly as his specialty. I had a quick recovery, no pain meds needed. The hospital was modern with a comfortable waiting room and the staff met me right away so I knew where to go and what to do. Dr. Grober was quick to reply to our emails both before and after surgery, within 24h or sooner. Best of all my wife is 6 weeks pregnant. My wife and I highly recommend him. I travelled 3000km to see him but for this type of procedure it is important to choose the best!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

In October 2017 my husband had his reversal done by Dr. Grober, now in January 2018 just a little over 3 months after I am excited to say we are expecting ! We were very happy with the hospital & their staff as well!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Dr. Grober is a reasonably good doctor with significant experience and knowledge. He can come across condescending at times as his manner is very direct and curt. However, if you spend time with him, he actually will provide direct and clear answers to your questions. I would recommend him for his expertise but a wee bit of work on his attitude and style (self-awareness with patients) would go a long way to earning him 5 stars.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Adult circ. Horrible. Worst result that could be imagined. I wrote a review back in November but it was reported twice and two positive reviews were written immediately afterward. In this review I will try to omit what might have lead to the first one being taken down. Ethan said that it would "look good" in the consult. 11 months later when I saw him again to get answers as to what had happened he said in a condescending and patronizing manor that I have a sub optimal result and that he used heavy stitching in areas because I was bleeding and he does not clotorize. Clotorizing is an industry standard for medical procedures to stop bleeding, not a new practice. My dentist and my dogs vet clotorize. The scar was comprised of big bumps, extremely rough and painful to the touch. He did not cut behind my head but just behind the tip. on the underside it was rail tight. The "cosmetic" look was something like a pig in a blanket that a small animal had chewed away at the underside. I say was because I was fortunate enough to get a revision but that was difficult because doctors did not want to touch it because of the tightness on the underside. I found a guy in the usa and had to take a fight to have a physical exam before he would go ahead. It was stressful and expensive. But with what Ethan left me with I had no choice, after jerking off 11 months after the procedure I had blood in my hand and tears in my eyes. One of the bumps was bleeding. What a horrible mess. I am not sure why someone would choose to earn money doing this to people. It might seem from Ethans website that he can do it all but after my experience I have little doubt that he can do non of it.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Quick to take money...provided us zero follow up. Sold us false hope.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Through Dr Grober 2010 presented w to much blood draining to my left side 3 titanium coils insereted via my R side neck a brilliant interventional radiologist Changed my life Thank you Dr. G

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

What can I say about Dr Grober? We did strenuous research about reversal on an almost 8 year old vasectomy. What would our real success chances be to justify the cash to be spent? We decided to take the leap and wow! Wow is really the word. The stars also must have aligned perfectly, because only two days after the mandatory post op rest period was luckily ovulation time and bam! Pregnancy was achieved! We couldn’t believe it! We took a few months to enjoy our baby, and when we decided it was time to try for another one pregnancy was achieved in only two months! We couldn’t be happier with our adorable toddler and cuddly newborn! We can’t thank Dr Grober enough. It was definitely worth every penny and the travel time!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017