Ratings for Dr. Barry Statner

I had surgery for a perforated diverticulitis. Dr. Statner saved my life. If you need hand holding and coddling, this is not your guy. If you prefer straight talk, knowledge & competence, try him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

If you're looking for a doctor with a God complex, look no further.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Impossible to schedule a timely physical. Won't see long term patient for six months out.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Usually runs late, but, knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I have been a patientof Dr. Statner since 2004. He has seen me thru three major infections.l His folloow-uo is excekkebt. He reurns phone calls and is very attentive during examinations. I highly recommnend him and hi office. i am a Dentist and have a fair amount of medical knowledge so I feel My jundgment of his services is accurate. I trust his judgement and respect his knowlege.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

My mother entered Los Robles, a for-profit hospital, w/ a curable infection. Dr. Statner was not my mother's primary physician but she needed an infectious disease specialist & the only infectious disease specialists were part of his practice & he controlled their patients. My family did not want Dr. Statner treating my mother but he took control of her care & we had no choice. A hospital not giving patients a choice of physicians may be a violation of law or regulations but that is how Los Robles operated. We wanted my mother to be fed through the IV the nutrients to best help her fight-off the infection as recommended by an out-of-town family friend & physician. Dr. Statner repeatedly refused our requests for this treatment and instead gave her far fewer nutrients than we wanted. She died. Dr. Statner has at least 1 malpractice claim against him in which, I believe, he paid the maximum $250,000. Check his record w/ the County Court web site & CA Medical Bd. before hiring him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

Dr. Barry Statner's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1982)