Ratings for Dr. Janice Graham

This is more for the staff; but I had an appointment booked for a lunch time slot specifically so I could not miss too much work. Come back to my desk to see a missed call from the office saying that I had missed my appointment and to call them back. The receptionist said that she had one time and I had another; it was a miscommunication error, but I would be charged $100. Why should I pay for their error! Of course I have no way to prove this, so I won't be going back. Now I have to go through the lengthy process of trying to get a referral for someone else.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr Graham made me feel as comfortable as she could and actually listened to me and helped me sort through my fears. Unfortunately I feel like many doctors rush through the appointment and seem disinterested in the patient and what they have to say, so I'm grateful to her for how she handled herself with my irrational fears and how she treated me. So very impressed and again grateful for her!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I'm someone with "trust issues" where this part of the anatomy is concerned. With Dr. Graham I felt like I hit the gyno lottery. Amazingly sensitive, caring, great sense of humour and basically everything I could've hoped for to make a hellish experience bearable. I highly recommend her, especially to those of us who might have had bad experiences in the past and a history of trauma.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Graham inserted my IUD, her bedside manner was cold but fine. Then when I was having difficulty a few months later with very heavy bleeding it took several calls to get in touch with the office and I was told she would get back to me. When she finally did, it was to say that I should go to my family doctor, who knew nothing about the IUD and said there was nothing she could do. Changing specialists, Dr Graham isn't particularly helpful, the message you have to listen to before leaving a voicemail is SO LONG, and the office is an unpleasant atmosphere, which would be ok if she were a friendlier doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

She inserted my second IUD. After a very rough first experience, I found her to be great. Made me very comfortable, felt casual, was over with very quickly and easily. I was bracing myself for a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I just had my first visit with her and she was great. Kind, knowledgeable, explained everything, gentle, listened to me talk about my kids :) . Everything I could want.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I have seen Dr. Graham for almost a year now. She is extremely kind and listens carefully to your concerns. She has helped me with pain management from my endometriosis and I always leave her office feeling confident that my disease is manageable.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I cannot stress enough over how grateful I am for having Dr. Janice Graham as my gynaecologist. Since I was 15 my gyne concerns were largely undermined and never seriously addressed. I finally switched to Dr. Graham when I was 21 and all of my concerns were addressed in the first appointment. FINALLY I was able to live comfortably and not feel like I was asking for too much (because living without chronic infection apparently was too much for the old doctor). As a q*eer (this website won't let me use the term for myself lol) woman I felt really accepted and validated. Rarely do I feel comfortable enough to talk about my sexual lifestyle with doctors, and not talking about it endangers my health. She also has a very inclusive questionnaire allowing patients to describe their gender identity and sexual orientation- this information is very very important and commonly overlooked/undermined by most gynaecologists. I think Dr. Graham has significantly improved my health and would recommend her to any of my fellow q*eer people or any person who feels discouraged by their current gynaecologist. Also just +A manners, considerations of consent/trauma history and body image, I find these qualities are very necessary in this field and Dr. Graham totally respects that. Thank you for being an excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Just saw Dr. Graham for the first time. Was very nervous and had never seen a gynecologist before. She spent about 45 minutes with me. Took her time was patient and thorough in writing down my history and listening to my concerns. She was kind and supportive and empathic. Her secretary has always been nice and called me often to offer earlier spots due to cancellations. I could not have been happier with my experience.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I was very unhappy with this doctor. She was very judgemental criticizing me for not being on birth control because I had previous abortions ( many many years before having children) with out even knowing my marital status or place in life went on to saying " giving your history" why aren't you? You should be.. I was very offended. Also she was very accusatory not listening to me being very rude. She made me very uncomfortable and never went back for my follow up. I wish I had read her reviews before I went.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015