Ratings for Dr. Lawrence B. Gross

I have known dr gross for over 20 years. His staff has become intolerable. They are rude and inconsiderate. They will only help if they feel like it. Dr gross is a fine man and doctor but if you have a complicated issue he will dump you after he begins treating you! His assistant call with test results rudely coldly and ignorantly.. She always has issues calling in refills. Until his staff issues are resolved I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Gross' for over 20 years. He has always been professional, caring, understanding and a great diagnostician. He literally saved my husbands life. All of his previous doctors kept treating him for high blood pressure. But Dr. Gross took the time to research and discover that my husband had a rare tumor that was killing him. Thanks to him my husband is still with me and does not have high blood pressure. Now, his office staff on the other hand can be very rude and uncaring. And I am not a fan of theirs, but I love Dr. Gross and their petty and disconcerning demeanors are of little consequence to me as long as I can see Dr. Gross.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

I found Dr. Gross to be kind and helpful but reading the other reviews is making me glad I am changing doctors. My reason for changing is his rude and insensitive staff. With almost every visit or call, I encountered a staff that was less than professional. The last straw was the office manager's attitude and discussing personal issue loudly in front of other waiting patients.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

The front office staff in Dr. Gross' office has been rude, incompetent and unprofessional. I wish I could go into more detail here but there's not enough space. The various problems I have had are: Staff not calling back when they're supposed to. Poor communication. Trying their best to not have to do any work. One staff member hanging up the phone on me (I did not raise my voice, nor was I insulting during the conversation that lead up to it). I have since stopped going there and I would highly suggest that you save your energy and not go there either.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

The doctor himself appears friendly. However his ability to make a correct diagnosis is something else. He failed to diagnose the melanoma from which my husband died. Before sending my husband to a surgeon for evaluation the doctor gave my husband an antibiotic for a month because of a lump that developed near a mole. A few years before this my husband pointed out the mole. At that time and during subsequent visits the doctor never sent my husband to a dermatologist. For some reason he never saw a problem. That mole is believed to be the probable cause of my husband's melanoma. When the oncologist showed us a pamphlet on skin cancer I felt ill. My husband's melanoma looked exactly like one of the pictures in the pamphlet. I should have sued him, but did not want to relive my husband's death.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Very helpful person... He seems to really care about me and my family. My dad has diabetes amongst other problems. He always asks how he is doing and wants constant updates. Most patients go to doctors expecting them to know everything. Unfortunately most of the time proper data is not available for a diagnosis. This is the reason for referrals. The wait is long and the staff should be upgraded but that should not reflect Dr. Gross performance.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I used Dr. Gross after a brief stay in the rehab facility where he worked. Big mistake! I was not happy with him or his office staff. I now have a new internist and am very glad I made the switch.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Office staff not real helpful but dr. is very nice and informed

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

I was hesitant to write anything negative about a doctor, but after reading the first rating left for Dr. Gross, I felt obligated to tell my story. My critically ill father was kept waiting for hours at Dr. Gross's office, only to be sent home with a laundry list of other doctors to see and tests to be done. When we had him admitted to the hospital the following day, the ER physician grimly asked, "Where was this man 24 hours ago?" Uh, he was waiting in Dr. Gross's office. When my beloved father died the following day, his wife of 63 years asked Dr. Gross, "What happened?" His reply? He shrugged his shoulders and left the room. Unfortunately, you can't make this kind of story up. There are many fine doctors in New Jersey, but in my opinion, Dr. Gross is NOT one of them.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

I have found Dr. Gross to be kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. However, the wait time to see him is intolerable. Being told that if I am more than 15 minutes late my appt. may be cancelled and then waiting for up to an hour to see the doctor is not acceptable.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Dr. Lawrence B. Gross's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerset, NJ