You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gregory B. Nazar

1:45 hour delayed to appointment time. Time spent with me: 5 minutes. Didn't even touch/see my back. Unable to figure out why I have intermitent paresthesia .... He is listed as a "Neurologist", however, he told me to go see a "Neurologist". Go figure .....

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Our adult daughter went to him after an MRI showed a Chiari Malformation. Her symptoms were rapidly getting worse. He saw her and scheduled the surgery. She is just fine now!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Nazar is a horrible doctor! He spent less than 10 minutes with me. He did not explain anything and did not even address the many issues I have with my back. He showed no compassion whatsoever.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

This man is my angel. He saved my life. He has great bed side manner. I will miss him when he tells me I wont have to see him any more. 2002-2013 it was a long hard ride with brain cancer.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr Nazar did carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands 2 yrs ago. They both healed very well and I am now approaching another back surgery performed by another doctor in Louisville who didn't do the complete job in 1993. I feel Dr. Nazar is very educated in his line of work. He has come highly reccomended to me by friends who has had him for spine surgery and one very recently. If you don't have confidence in your doctor then you need to choose another Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor several years back. Dr. Nazar did a fantactic job with removing my tumor. I would refer him anytime.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Nazar never went into any detail about my problem except to say I had arthritis in my neck. He never went over my MRI's with me and told me that surgery was not recommended. He had a very bland unfriendly bedside manner with me. When I mentioned to him about getting paperwork for my short term disability filled out, he held his hand up to me and sternly told me he had nothing to do with disability.He later wrote my primary care physician and told her that I would likely need to be on long term disability. He also told her he would not recommend surgery as it may cause me more pain. He also wrote later that he would not give me pain meds but would have me on anti-inflammatory meds. There is no earthly way I could survive without pain meds, which I am receiving from another doctor. My experience with Dr. Nazar was discouraging. I must assume he is a good doctor, but he did me no good. I have found his replacement, had surgery, and am doing very well.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Nazar is AWESOME!!! TWO disk surgies, one with insurance and one without. The important part is that I have NEVER had a lick of therapy and I move better than ANYONE I have seen w/this surgery AND NO pain meds after surgery AND I went HOME both times (disk 5 then disk 6, first with hip bone, second with cadaver bone) He Rocks!!! He CARES! He will NOT do anything you don't need done. YOU have the obligation to EXERCISE LOTS prior to surgery to HELP YOURSELF heal though! He thought I was crazy but it really made all the difference! Pain was horrible before surgery and afterward...I ate my sandwich from the hospital, vaccuumed my living room while my husband picked up our girls and then and only after I hugged them all good night, did I pass back out from the surgery anesthetics! 1998 and 2003. He's awesome!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

I had always heard that Dr. Nazar was a genius and then when I had back/leg pain for several years my PCP finally ordered an MRI and referred me to him -I immediately said "thank you God" because it was Dr. Nazar. He and Dr. Joseph Werner performed surgery January 2011 and it has truly been a miracle for me - I have my life back and can do all the things I want to do - playing with grandchildren, hiking, etc - pain free and can walk and stand up straight again - He is truly a Genius and Dr. Werner is excellent also - office wait time is sometimes a little long but worth the wait to have someone as caring and knowledgeable as Dr. Nazar is to be the one to help you. I tell everyone I know what a great doctor he is. I wish I had gone to him several years ago - his staff are all so very helpful also - thank God for Dr. Nazar

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Nazar. I had back Surgery April 4, 2011 every step of the surgery was explained to me beforehand. He was very gentle and has a wonderful bedside manner. He has left an indelible mark on me. I cannot imagine anyone not highly recommending him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Gregory B. Nazar's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "1:45 hour delayed to appointment time. Time spent with me: 5 minutes. Didn't even touch/see my back. Unable to figure out why I have intermitent paresthesi..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Our adult daughter went to him after an MRI showed a Chiari Malformation. Her symptoms were rapidly getting worse. He saw her and scheduled the surgery. She is ..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nazar is a horrible doctor! He spent less than 10 minutes with me. He did not explain anything and did not even address the many issues I have with my back. He..."

March 5, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=139163'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.1

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=139163'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 5, 2014