You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Anil Nanda

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Had a very rare cyst on my spine He removed it and I never missed a beat

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I had a large brain tumor that other doctors said would take 6-8 hours to remove. Dr. Nanda removed it in less than 3 hours and I am doing well. I am very thankful that I don't have to worry anymore.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I went to see Dr Nanda for 6 years before he said I needed surgery on my C- Spine C4/5 to remove a bulging disc. A simple surgery, I have done thousands he said. Well, after the Surgery my left side from my waist down was numb, burning and I could barely walk. His answer to my post operative problems were the surgery was an success. You must have lower back problems. Give it a few days. After 4 months and nerve test that were negative, Lower back MRI's, CT scans all negative, He tells me I have a rare Bone disease at my C4/5 that requires surgery.The same place he had done surgery before. Well I got a second opinion, but all that Dr would say is that in his opinion I did need a second surgery. After much thought I let Dr Nanda do the second surgery which did help a little at first. Then when his staff removed the staples two weeks after surgery, I got MRSA Staff in the incision which almost killed me and sent me to the Hospital for 19 days and on IV antibiotics for one month. His answer to all of this was SUE ME. His PA was horrible and his personal staff was not much better. The other Dr's at LSU where I was sent with the Staff infection were wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I still remember Dr. Nanda sitting on the table and telling me that he could fix me. I have had this nagging back pain for a few years and it had gotten worse in the last few months. Everyone kept telling me to go to Dr. Nanda. He is the best around. Well since the surgery I now hurt twice as bad as I did. Dr. Nanda ordered a Mylogram and said that if thee was anything wrong in my back it would show up with this test. Well Dr. Nanda told me that nothing showed up on this test so they wanted me to go get some Physical Therapy. Ha-Ha. Well I would not go back to him for nothing. I now hurt so bad that I get nauseated at times. The staff were not just real friendly but they were all business.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

First off, I'd like to say that Dr. Nanda is an exceptional neurosurgeon with excellent bedside manners. His staff at the medical arts center, with the exception of a couple are all VERY RUDE and have no business dealing with patients that have just had major brain/spinal surgery. I had an extensive brain surgery done and on the day they discharged me, they did not even send me home with anything for breakthrough pain. I dealt with it for 2 whole days and when I finally called to ask if they could do anything to help me out, they basically told me to "deal with it and manage my pain". If you are the type of person that prefers s doctor that will explain things in detail, supported by friendly, helpful staff, I suggest you get a second opinion. Because, you will not be happy with his staff AT ALL!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I had two surgeries both left me worst than before surgery . Dr Nanda never had more that 5 minutes with me at my only two post op visits. I called to get in to see him because of pain and me falling from my leg giving out. They lost my tests, scans pretty much wanted me to just go away. When I kept calling them to get in I was told that I was discharged and they have a problem with me!!! Are you serious ??? Because I wanted a follow up and I'm not happy with my results ? Seriously ! The worst ever and the staff are horrible !

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Nanda saw us the day after Christmas to look at my scans and had me in surgery the next week. He is always warm and friendly. He prayed with us and spent as much time as we needed explaining the procedures and the reasons for them.

Submitted June 8, 2014

Waited 3 hrs to be seen for for less than 5 minutes. I had documentation spinal scans showing tumors. Not known if benign or not. His suggestion was to ignore them. He is definitely a knowledgeable doctor but I saw no evidence of it. His nursing staff, with one exception, was terribly rude.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Anil Nanda's Credentials

• Jawaharlal Inst Of Post-Grad Med Educ, Madras Univ, Pondicherry (Grad. 1982)

Champ Va
Commercial Insurance Company
Fmh Benefit Services
Geha
Multiplan
National Elevator
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nanda has diagnosed and fixed the root of the problems that I've had with my lower back and sciatica leg pain for the last 15 years."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Anil did a great job with my daughter's brain surgery in 2009 and her recuperation went well. She has been fine every since."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had a very rare cyst on my spine He removed it and I never missed a beat "

May 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a large brain tumor that other doctors said would take 6-8 hours to remove. Dr. Nanda removed it in less than 3 hours and I am doing well. I am very thank..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr Nanda for 6 years before he said I needed surgery on my C- Spine C4/5 to remove a bulging disc. A simple surgery, I have done thousands he said..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I still remember Dr. Nanda sitting on the table and telling me that he could fix me. I have had this nagging back pain for a few years and it had gotten worse i..."

December 1, 2014