Ratings for Dr. Leonel A. Hunt

I have so much to say bad about this Dr and his brother......most of the negative commits sum up what I want to say. I had surgery from him July 2014 and just had to have another surgery Nov 14, 2014 and now I am all better, from a different Dr. I am thinking about writing the Attorney General or the Medical Board

Submitted November 20, 2014

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Dr Hunt is the very best. He solved my Disk problem completely. I am so greatful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

over an hour waiting to see the doctor before I just left. Nobody should have to wait an hour when they have an appointment. I waited so long the automatic lights in the waiting room timed out.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Is there a rating below 1? Extremely unhelpful staff. Doctor Hunt made an immediate recommendation for surgery vs. less invasive options for a herniated disk. Once Hunt made his recommendation, there was no follow-up, no personal contact, no concern for my level of pain. I was pushed off to an unknowledgeable and unhelpful receptionist desk who required me to make follow-up appointments with outside clinics (which I found out after unsuccessfully trying to secure information from Dr. Hunt's office for two days), and an attempt to refill a prescription took two days! If the doctor's credo is to Do No Harm, then Dr. Hunt failed miserably, and his staff were aiders and abettors. A complete nightmare. Another back specialist I went to was much more helpful, consderate, and caring. Dr. Hunt's facility is a factory.

Submitted June 11, 2009

When you visit doctor in his office (not in the hospital) you get surprise extra bill from Cedars Sinai because you used their "hospital" facilities. The office has been useless at resolving the problem and keeps insisting that all patients are told about this (I was not!). I also had to update my address 4 times before they managed to change it. Everyone I speak to (office staff, office manager, billing for office and hospital and even the doctor himself) blame the problem on someone else, but no one seems to be able to correct the problem or identify who can, if they can't. The medical care I received was adequate, but certainly not worth the resulting hassle from the billing. In addition my insurance company is still waiting for a copy of my records from the doctor's office so they can try and resolve the issue. So far it has been 2 months and 2 requests, plus a personal assurance from the doctor and his office manager that they would see to it themselves.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

He was great. Solved a problem I've been having for many months. He is very nice and explains everything thoroughly.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Simple diagnosis and surgery cured years of suffering and attempts by other doctors to perform unnecessary surgery

flag | Submitted December 8, 2007

Dr. Leonel A. Hunt's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Healthnet