Ratings for Dr. Jane Miles

THE worst experience ever so far !!!! After an initial appointment where I was given a medication that did not work for me at all, and had me with ZERO sleep for 4 days in a row, Dr. Miles called me and had me come into her office to give me another medication (I am not sure why I need a full appointment for a new medication). Anyway, the apt was made on a Monday night for a Wednesday and our babysitter cancelled on me so I couldn't make it. I left a voicemail and I then got a call later from her stating she was waiting for me at the office even though I had left a message that I would not be able to make it. The office manager is now telling me that I owe the FULL amount of the appointment, which is $260 !!!!! Now I know that these reviews are TRUE and spot on. This guy is the most rude person ever.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

The receptionist is extremely rude! We made an appointment for my son and left my phone number. The receptionist called and left a message on my husband's phone, changing the time for the appointment. I repeatedly tried to call back for 3 days and got an All Lines Are Busy message. At this point, I started to get very suspicious and wary of this doctor. We were not able to get through to cancel, and the receptionist called my husband's phone and was horribly unprofessional. He would not even let my husband talk. We just received a bill for almost $300 and a threat to send the bill to a collection agency. Do not go to this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

There is no receptionist to ever answer your calls. You can only leave a message, which is returned by a man who speaks little English and is hard to understand. The man who returns the calls are rude. No doctor is worth dealing with that level of rudeness. We found an excellent doctor, out of network, but much better at getting in touch with-and as a psychiatrist patients should be able to reach a human.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Miles is an excellent psychiatrist. The reviews about her assistant are 100% accurate, however. The reviews about her not taking insurance are not realistic - I don't know of one psychologist or psychiatrist in a sole-practitioner office who has remained in-network. Time spent dealing with the paperwork is unrealistic. I have come to believe the assistant must be a family member, and I have told her how rude he is many times, I know other patients have told her, and I have told HIM he is rude - over a period of years now. I suggested he read the online reviews about him. He has stopped being quite so abrupt with me on the phone, but will say "past due balance" when it's a charge I couldn't have been aware of - for example, filling a prescription in between visits or filling out FMLA paperwork, etc. Most doctors do charge for these things, but if I haven't received a bill, it isn't "past due." Dr. Miles does sometimes run a little late, but not excessively so. The reason is likely because she spends a necessary amount of time with her patients and family, she does not rush for med checks. She is cautious about prescribing medication, which I appreciate. Too many doctors write a prescription without getting to know the patient. She was a pediatrician before a psychiatrist, which is rare and makes her an exceptional pediatric psychiatrist. When my child has been in crisis and I've had to page her - she has never failed to return the call, and if she can't get through, she will follow-up. Her assistant is not in the office with her - so, at least, we don't have to deal with him in person. I considered changing doctors because of him, very early on, but I have come to realize, she is worth dealing with him. Interactions with him are infrequent, once you're an established patient. Instead of changing doctors, I suggest you give her honest feedback about her assistant, and give that feedback to him as well.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

She has the rudest assistant in the universe. After seeing the other comments about this makes me wonder if she even cares. I would not go there if I had to speak to him again.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Miles has a very cool and uncaring manor. She's very inflexible, forcing me to pay for a missed appointment when my daughter was delayed returning from a field trip with school. I tried to call Dr. Miles several times to explain and reschedule before our appointment time, but she never returned my calls. When her rude and condescending office manager called several days later to reschedule, he never mentioned the missed appointment. When he called to confirm, though, he said I had a $130 past due balance. During the appointment, I tried to explain to Dr. Miles again that missing the last appointment was out of our control, but she merely said that I sounded angry, but still owed the money. This woman drives a Lexus and she couldn't forgive $130 for this? I did pay her, but knew we wouldn't go back. Then, four days later, I got a past due notice in the mail for the money I'd already paid her! Plus, she was often late, messed up appt. times, and couldn't remember my child's name.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Miles is slow to treat patient's in regards to medication management. Her appointment scheduler is terribly rude and unfriendly, she should be ashamed of herself for allowing that person to answer her phone calls. She writes down the wrong times for her appointments-- I have had two incidents with this--once being late to the appointment and a second totally missing the appointment as she had wrote different days and times down. Pretty cold and uncaring. She does not return phone calls for over a day when you leave messages for her, or doesnt return them at all. Overall would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Best psychiatrist I have seen! She listens and is very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Before Dr. Miles three psychiatrists were treating our son’s ADHD with mixed success rates. Dr. Miles identified two more issues, and over time helped resolve all three. We particularly liked that she did not off the bat go down the medications route, taking time instead to pinpoint the problems while he was not under the influence of prior medications. Her prior pediatric experience clearly helped in our case.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

Dr. Miles office manager refused to file my insurance and expected cash even though they filed the year before and were in network. Dr. Miles herself wasn't very helpful and quite judgemental. I would NOT recommend her or her office to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011