Dr. John F. Pirani

Ratings for Dr. John F. Pirani

I have used Dr. Pirani and not very impressed I have cyst on kidney which is painful all he tells me is he will keep a check on it every six months. I've been doing this for several years now. Think it's time to find another dr.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I found him to be arrogant and rude....No, I would not recommend him to others....

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Awesome doctor. However, have overheard the staff (boaz) making fun of patients with ED. Always rude and short when I called, like they didn't have time or like it was a burden to talk to me.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Pirani was always kind and patient with me. I understand a lot about medical information so talking with Dr. Pirani was easy for me, but if there was something I had a question about, he was more than willing to take the time to answer me. He is kind and took great care of me. He removed my right kidney as an open surgery, which in my situation was the best option. He made sure my pain was covered and gave me pain meds as needed to help me recover. I would highly recommend Dr. Pirani to friends and family. He also does not talk down to you. When Dr. Wade stopped by to see me in the hospital, he was very arrogant and talked to me like I never read a book before, but I put him in his place, than his attitude changed. I prefer Dr. Pirani myself, however, everyone has their own preference. In Ft. Payne, the staff is extremely nice and helpful. I cannot speak about staff in other offices.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I ended up getting a full refund on my co-pay because of the long wait time. I am disabled and it is a chore to make it to a doctor’s visit. I arrived 15 minutes before my appointment time to make sure I have time to fill out any paperwork. After sitting there for 45 minutes I went back up to the window where I was told it would be at least 45 minutes, probably more before I see him. I decided to find a different Doctor, upon researching him. I am so glad I did. He has bad reviews and his staff’s reviews are even worse.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Cold, callous, motivated by money. I waited over a month for the appointment and took day off work for him to talk to me for five minutes and tell me to come back in a month for xrays. Acted annoyed when I voiced concerns. Does not need to deal with public.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I am in mid-60's & Dr. Pirani has treated me 6 years for prostate problems. He is knowledgable, courteous, and professional. He has performed 2 prostate biopsies and a microwave type procedure(semi-turp type) on me. I consider him well above average and I trust him. Usually his satellite office(which he shares) is very crowded when I go there so have to wait quite a bit normally to see him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Doctor great, reception people very rude & unconcerning regarding patient needs. I have experinced this many times with kidney stones & also heard the unkind remarks made to older patients in the waiting room. The clinical staff are efficient & make up for the rudeness shown in the front office. Maybe the reception people need a few kidney stones to humble them alittle!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

My teenage daughter recently started seeing Dr. Pirani. She has kidney stones, and he was very nice and sat with her and explained what was going on. He answered all of our questions, and explained in detail what she should and shouldn't being doing. He is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Dr. John F. Pirani's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company