Ratings for Dr. James R. Edgerton

Awful bedside manner. Didn't seem to care about my well being. Would never refer anyone to this doctor. Not happy at all.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I have been to many doctors for my heart disease. Some very good ones and some very bad ones. This was one of the very bad ones.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Heart surgery. Not a good outcome. Took years off my life. I was very disappointed with this doctor. All aspects.......

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This doctor permanently damaged my heart. Do not use him!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

About 2 years ago, Dr. James R. Edgerton operated on me and performed what was supposed to be a non-invasive, min-maze procedure for my paroxysmal (occasional) afib. During the procedure, he tore my aorta, which required emergency open heart surgery to repair. My blood pressure had dropped to 20s systolic and I was near death. While in, Dr. Edgerton performed a full Cox maze procedure, which left me with permanent afib and later a pacemaker. My decision to go with this doctor was the worst mistake of my life. Complications such as a torn aorta should never happen in performing a simple mini-maze procedure. This doctor almost cost me my life and I certainly would not recommend him. My advice to anyone considering using Dr. Edgerton is look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Mini-maze procedure, doctor was knowledgable and performed admirably. Office staff very helpful in working with insurance company.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Very caring, very professional,healing after surgery less than expected,would let Dr. Edgerton do surgery on any family member if needed.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

I just had valve replacement and bypass surgery. Dr, Edgerton took 2 hours explaining the surgery, risks and complications to my wife and me. The surgery went will. I don't think I've ever been treated by a more caring or compassionate doc.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

He and his staff were most attentive, friendly, kind, & understanding. This was my first surgery, and he took alot of patience in explaining all details both pre & post surgery. Very wonderful man !

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Edgerton was referred to me by my electro cardiologist and did an excellent job on my Mini-Maze procedure. I felt comfortable with his knowledge and expertise in this area as this was my second time around to correct my condition that was treated several years ago by another doctor performing a similar procedure.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

Dr. James R. Edgerton's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1978)