Ratings for Dr. John R. Meek

I had a fever after a total colectomy and J-pouch construction. I had been at home for a week and returned to the hospital with a fever of 102.5 F. Dr Meek was brought in to help my surgeon solve my problem. He did every test he could think of but we never found out what was causing my problem. Antibiotics by IV worked and I was home after 17 days in the hospital. Dr Meek was kind to me and explained everything he was doing or thinking. Finally he said to me "Well I just feel dumb because I can't figure this out". He lived up to his name "Meek". I don't expect doctors to know everything and admire them when they are willing to admit that they don't. I am thankful that I had Dr Meek taking care of me. I was on a student health insurance plan that didn't pay for all of my bills. He knew this and charged me very little even though he visited me daily in the hospital for at least 10 days.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

My mother had been ill with a severe lung disease and had been diagnosed with a resistent infection. Dr. Meek treated her, cleared this up, and was not only extremely knowledgable but was very kind to my mother. Almost a year later she had started complaining with back pain which almost every other doctor wrote off as all being in her head. Dr. Meek examined my mother and discovered that she had a resistent infection in her spine which was very hard to detect and diagnose. Dr. Meek treated my mother with a very aggressive antibiotic in the hospital and sent her home on aggressive IV antibiotics. When she worsened Dr. Meek examined her to find that the infection had spread. Although Dr. Meek did everything he (or anyone else) could do, my mother passed away. Dr. Meek is one of the most knowledgable and compassionate doctors (not only to his patients but to their families also) I could ever hope to meet. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

Dr. John R. Meek's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)