Ratings for Dr. Mike Y. Chen

Dr. Chen is one of the best doctors around. He is trully not only a amazing doctor but a amazing person. My girlfriend had a emergency brain surgery done to her by Dr. Chen. It was a blessing that my girlfriends surgery was done my this man he is literally a life saver. Anyone would be lucky to be under Dr. Chen's care. There is no way myself or my girlfriends family could thank him. Thank you Dr. Chen

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I was living with pain that ran down from my hip to my calf for almost a decade. Dr. Chen removed the spinal tumor and the pain and weakness it caused . He saved the motor nerves and my ability to walk. I am very thankful.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I can not even describe the amount of gratitude I have for this man. I was diagnosed with a spinal tumor last year during the summer time. I never Imagined that this could happen to me and I was scared out of my mind. I was sent to another neurosurgeon at first and then sent to Dr. Chen's office for a second opinion. After spending my time with Dr. Chen, I knew immediately that I wanted him to perform the surgery. He answered all my questions and took the time to really put my fears at ease. I went through the surgery and was able to walk on my own in about 8 days, unbelievable for the kind of surgery I went through. My scar looks absolutely amazing and almost blends in with the rest of my skin. Dr Chen is also one of the most down to earth kind of guys I have met and has a great amount of compassion for his patients. I can say with out hesitation that if any one needs any serious neurosurgery done, that Dr. Chen is the man you want.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

For almost a year, I have been a patient of Mike Chen, M.D., a neurosurgeon who is located at the City of Hope in Duarte. I went to him because of unrelenting pain in my back. My insurance company had refused to authorize treatment other than back rubs. Dr. Chen went to work, found a way to get me treatment including surgery. The surgery was an immediate and unqualified success. The pain which I had been having was eliminated having me able to engage in my normal activities. Thumbs up to Dr. Chen!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Not much I can add to the previous ratings. I second all the good things that have been said. Down to earth, kind, helpful, informative, and a great surgeon. His staff is great also! Mike removed three discs and fused my cervical spine. I can function again without pain and large quantities of pain medication. I will recommend Mike to everyone needing a neurosurgeon!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr. Chen is the best. It was the first time I was going to have a surgery of this magnitude and therefore, I was very nervous. When he arrived at the hospital for my surgery, he held my hand and told me that I was going to be fine. Today, is my 12th day post operation, and I feel no pain on my leg. There is not one day I don't thank God for giving me Dr. Chen for my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Chen.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Chen kept me out of a wheelchair and relieved my back pain so much that I no longer need painkillers.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Chen always went to extra mile to make myself and my family feel comfortable, answering the endless questions of my parents. Though i lack the skills to measure the relative skills of a physician, not only did he seem to care more, but also succeeded where 9 years of previous treatments had failed.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

My dad recently had a spinal surgery with Dr. Chen. He explain in details about our options, the operation and the risks involved. He spoke with great confidence regarding the operation that made my family members and i feel so much at ease. It's all about trust when you're choosing a doctor. After one surgery and i am convinced we've found a great doctor and would totally trust Dr. Chen with our dad's treatment.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

An uncommon man in the day of common men. Truly cares for his patients, to the point of looking at him as a friend, and not as a doctor. The City of Hope should feel honored to have him on staff. I know I feel honored to have him caring for a loved one. Most doctors I have met have a "God" complex and treat their patients and family accordingly; but Dr. Chen is so humble and respectful that he has earned my utmost respect. You can trust this man. I do. My family does also.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. Mike Y. Chen's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Duarte, CA