Ratings for Dr. Afshan M. Khan

I Took my son to see Dr. Afshan Khan yesterday. All I have to say is STAY AWAY!! The experience was worse than what has been described . One star is too generous.

Submitted July 6, 2017

I had a very positive experience and got correctly diagnosed

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Amazing Doctor, she saved my life. She connected all the dots and found out what was wrong with me

Submitted April 11, 2017

Please do not go to this doctors office. I have never ever seen so much unprofessionalism. The office is a mess. Medical files are laying all over. She doesn't even have gauze. I do not understand how she represents Montefiore hospital. She has a dog in the office which she had the nerve to call a service dog. She uses paper towel to sterilize. She has gloves in a dirty drawer. She did all of these neurological tests and never told me what the results were. 1st time I had a 3pm appointment and arrived at 2:50pm. She did not see me til 4:30, and I did not leave the office til 6:40pm. Her receptionist showed up at 5:30 and made phone calls to patients instead of helping the patients that were in the office. I needed to see a doctor and get a note for work so I came back a 2nd time. The 2nd visit was for 3pm and I was told I would be the first patient which was not true. I was seen at 430 pm and did not get out of the office until 7:40pm. Then her secretary was supposed to call in my prescription but the pharmacist had to repeatedly call to get the prescription. Now here I am at the office again to have my MRI results read. I'm scheduled for a 2pm appointment. I call her and she says she's on her way and will be here at 245 when I specifically told her I had to pick up my child at the last visit. I'm done. Don't come here. Don't ever ever come here. If I knew how to report her to Montefiore hospital as incompetent I would. I'm never coming back here.

Submitted September 8, 2016

I am agree with all the previous negative assessments. The office is dirty and smelly. Private documents as in copies of patients drivers licenses on display for everyone to see. The dog is cute but obviously is part of the reason why the place is so smelly. The Manhattan office is disorganized, scary and unsanitary. Dr. Khan herself is probably a doctor with a lot of knowledgeable but the office experience makes me not want to go back. The equipment she uses for testing is dated. There is no help in the office to help her with her appointments and the filing of sensitive materials.

Submitted August 12, 2016

Most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a doctor, ever. Like someone else said, I'm convinced any positive comments for her were left by her or her staff. I had an appt today with her for 1pm. I got there at 12:45, she was not in her office. I called the office and no answer, She called me back saying she'd get there by 1:15. I show back up at 1:15 and she's there with her dog, unlocking the office door. She makes me wait outside for a few minutes, and when she calls me in... I couldn't believe the dump I was standing in. The office looks like it hasn't been cleaned in YEARS. There is smelly, stained carpet all throughout the office, and peeling paint on the walls. In an effort to save myself some time, I filled out paperwork online, none of which she received. She had no support staff, so gave me her laptop to fill in my information. She then called me into the examining room which was even more filthy than the waiting room, papers everywhere, no filling cabinets, black window blinds... BLACK... covered in filth. While she was asking me questions her dog was jumping on me. I asked for my insurance card back and hightailed it outta there. She shouldn't be in practice and her dog in the office is in violation with OSHA. I'm reporting her to the health dept. STAY AWAY.

Submitted January 9, 2016

Worst experience with a doctor. I wholeheartedly agree w every single negative experience here. Her dog even soiled itself in the waiting room and it took another patient to clean up. Not even her assistant took notice. She is always overbooking and never arrives on time. It's a shame.

Submitted October 4, 2015

First of all I don't doubt that all the comment positive reviews were left by the doctor herself because everything I experienced echoed the other negative experiences. The "office" is filthy and does not make you feel comfortable at all. That alone made me feel skeptical before even being seen. Speaking of being seen. It was 2 hours before I was even put into the room. Once I was put into the room the doctor got a phone call and TOOK it even though I had been waiting for so long. At this point I didn't even want to be seen anymore but still I remained hoping MAYBE JUST MAYBE she MIGHT be able to help me with my problem. I was wrong. To add insult to injury she had her smelly dog walking around the "office" COMPLETELY unsanitary. I will NEVER return here. Malpractice suit waiting to happen.

Submitted July 17, 2015

I have never been so disgusted by a doctor's office before in my life. It looks as though its in an abandoned building with no indications that its a doctor's office. You walk into the shady unprofessional, unsanitary looking office that smelled like pee. My vets office is more clean. Equipped with dog bed and dog walking around. Everything was filthy. No file cabinets and files all over the office. Did not stay walked out with my kids. The nurse and or receptionist came out running out after us and said "oh are your kids afraid of the the dog" I said this place is shady and disgusting!

Submitted March 27, 2015

This doctor really helped me

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Afshan M. Khan's Credentials

• J N Med Coll, Aligarh Muslim Univ, Aligarh, Up, India (Grad. 1978)