Ratings for Dr. Heath Alsaffar

Dr Alsaffar is a very bad actor in the medical system. He typifies the arrogant, entitled physician who sees patients as dollar signs. He has also somehow managed to get his doctor details changed on the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons website to remove his past disciplinary actions for incompetence. It appears that he did this by changing his first name on the site from Heath to Heytham Kamil and, in the process, managed to get the past disciplinary action dropped. The whole thing is very sinister and so is this doctor. I concur with the many reviews that detail his lack of professionalism and humanity.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

He is rude when talking with his patients and in many times unhelpful. He is never on time, atleast 50 mins late.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Alsaffar since he set up his practice in Ottawa. I used to be very healthy, so I used to see him infrequently (once a year at minimum, for my physical). He took care of any problems I had promptly and efficiently. I particularly like his nurse/wife Ann, a real sweetheart. Then 9 years ago I got hit with a rare, incurable, illness that almost cost me my life. Dr. Alsaffar and Ann swung into immediate action, seeing me frequently, setting up the appointments I needed and following up with the various specialists I had to see. On one occasion, putting his arm around my shoulder, Dr. Alsaffar told me to think of him as my friend; I really appreciated that. Through their efforts the disease is now under control, and I am very much alive, even though I was not expected to survive.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I found him arrogant and dismissive. He is not open minded and doesn't accept someone to discus with him his decisions.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

My husband was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. He told him if he didn't see him he would cut off his chemo, he made the discission as to who gets what . My husband found him abrasive and he told him he was terminal and couldn't be cured, which we already knew and didn't need to be told again. I couldn't believe the cancer clinic at the General would allow someone like him work there.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I am a new pt to Dr Alsafar and am not at all satisified with his attitiude and care. He give little attention and honestly feel would prefer not to work as he spend most of his time on his phone. He and his manager Martin Scullion are disrespectful to staff and especially women . No surprise five female doctors have quit working at their clinic in past three years.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I have had Dr. Alsafar as my doctor for over 30 years, over those years I have had medical issues and he has ALWAYS been very attentive, concerned and knowledgeable , his wife/nurse Ann is also amazing and they make a great team and the clinic they have opened is awesome and let's not forget Nancy. I rated the punctuality as good just because, yes he is not always on time but I've learned that most times he is late because he takes the time with his patients to talk to them and I have never felt rushed. and I have always felt that he cares. I would recommend him to anyone, and do not agree if some of the comments here.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr Alsaffar is the worst or one of the worst doctors in Ottawa. He does not take his to diagnose the problem. He has very little knowledge about medicine and can hardly deals with basic medical issues. He is mean and careless.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr. Alsaffar as a personality of his own. He is very knowledgeable and will do everything possible to help you. I do not agree with the comments below. He is a good doctor. I've been with him for at least 40 years. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Very cheap personality, does not listen and does not spend enough to know the real issue. All he thinks is to make money off everyone, ask everyone to buy meds from his own pharmacy, do the blood tests at his own lab,....

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016