Dr. James C. Van Doren

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James C. Van Doren

Dr. Van Doren has helped me immensely. He listens and understands what you are saying and reaches out to you with a solution/conclusion.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

He has really helped improve my life. He’s also helped me understand some dynamics in my marriage that has turned things around for us.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2019

I’ve been seeing Dr. Van Doren for years. He’s been very helpful. My quality of life has improved greatly.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2019

I appreciate all that he has done to help me. Without a doubt FIVE STARS!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2019

Brilliant! This doctor has helped me to learn so much about myself. I wasn't always such a fan, but then I didn't want to hear what he was saying. I am much wiser and happier today. Thank you Dr. Van Doren.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

Absolutely dreadful. Dismissive of all of our concerns

Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. Van Doren is a excellent physician. He provides competent, non judgmental care. I felt comfortable talking to him about the issues I have and he came up with a plan that was life changing. I don’t know where I would be if it hadn’t been for his care. I can’t say enough about how great his care is!!! Recommend to any family and friends!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

If I could give Van Doren a zero star rating, I would. My family member was in crisis, and he made fun of him, told him to calm down when he was upset for being made fun of, and diagnosed him without even talking to him. I am sickened that he is a person people have to see when they are at their most vulnerable state.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Very well rounded doc and easy to talk to. He cares about his patients and you can tell he loves what he does.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Meeting with Dr. Van Doren was truly the worst experience I have ever had with a healthcare provider. He was rude, arrogant, condescending and falsely accused me of 'just trying to get addictive drugs from him'. He then prescribed a medication without asking or even informing me that he had done so. The nurse on duty at Regions had to explain the new medication, answer my questions, and provide the patient education that should have been done by him. I wish now that I had filed a formal complaint at the time. With so many other good choices for psychiatric care in the area, this doctor should be avoided like the plague.

Submitted June 29, 2018

Dr. James C. Van Doren's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Van Doren is board certified psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience. He graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his psychiatric residency training at the University of Arizona. He has a broad background with extensive experience in treating anxiety, depression, bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders, chemical dependency as well as most forms of mental illness. He has worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Van Doren is an advocate for mental health. He believes that excellent mental health care requires a balanced approach which addresses the mind, body, spirit and community.

• English

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Eden Prairie, MN