Dr. James C. Van Doren

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James C. Van Doren

Dr. Van Doren is a excellent physician. He provides competent, non judgmental care. I felt comfortable talking to him about the issues I have and he came up with a plan that was life changing. I don’t know where I would be if it hadn’t been for his care. I can’t say enough about how great his care is!!! Recommend to any family and friends!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

If I could give Van Doren a zero star rating, I would. My family member was in crisis, and he made fun of him, told him to calm down when he was upset for being made fun of, and diagnosed him without even talking to him. I am sickened that he is a person people have to see when they are at their most vulnerable state.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Very well rounded doc and easy to talk to. He cares about his patients and you can tell he loves what he does.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Meeting with Dr. Van Doren was truly the worst experience I have ever had with a healthcare provider. He was rude, arrogant, condescending and falsely accused me of 'just trying to get addictive drugs from him'. He then prescribed a medication without asking or even informing me that he had done so. The nurse on duty at Regions had to explain the new medication, answer my questions, and provide the patient education that should have been done by him. I wish now that I had filed a formal complaint at the time. With so many other good choices for psychiatric care in the area, this doctor should be avoided like the plague.

Submitted June 29, 2018

I trust Dr. Van Doren and he is great to work with.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Great to work with, knowleadgable, easy to talk to

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I feel lucky to have found Dr. Van Doren. Visits have been comfortable and very convenient. I have only had 3 visits but he has helped me tremendously in that time.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Van Doren for nearly a year, I’ve put my trust in him and am happy I did. He’s knowledgeable and professional. He also isn’t robotic, he cares. He asks important questions and listens.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

I didn't know I could feel this well. Thanks Doc. My anxiety is all but gone.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I really appreciate Dr. Van Doren's punctuality outside of office visits. Always quick to respond, very attentive, and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. James C. Van Doren's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Van Doren is board certified psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience. He graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his psychiatric residency training at the University of Arizona. He has a broad background with extensive experience in treating anxiety, depression, bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders, chemical dependency as well as most forms of mental illness. He has worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Van Doren is an advocate for mental health. He believes that excellent mental health care requires a balanced approach which addresses the mind, body, spirit and community.

• English

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal