Dr. James C. Van Doren

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James C. Van Doren

I trust Dr. Van Doren and he is great to work with.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Great to work with, knowleadgable, easy to talk to

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

I feel lucky to have found Dr. Van Doren. Visits have been comfortable and very convenient. I have only had 3 visits but he has helped me tremendously in that time.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Van Doren for nearly a year, I’ve put my trust in him and am happy I did. He’s knowledgeable and professional. He also isn’t robotic, he cares. He asks important questions and listens.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

I didn't know I could feel this well. Thanks Doc. My anxiety is all but gone.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I really appreciate Dr. Van Doren's punctuality outside of office visits. Always quick to respond, very attentive, and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I appreciate Dr. Van Doren's concern and attention to detail, he is a true professional you can connect with.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

A good fit for me .

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I came to see Dr. Van Doren after trying to find the best treatment plan for my complex behavioral health condition. He took the time to understand my history and my questions and concerns. He reassured me that I was in the right path and we came up with a plan to move forward with my treatment. His communication and compassion are outstanding. He is definitely the right psychiatrist for me at this very difficult point in my treatment.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I suffer from ADD, anxiety, panic attacks & depression. Dr. Van Doren is nonjudgmental and a good listener - in my opinion these are essential qualities for a mental health professional. He asked questions and offered information at appropriate times during our conversations - this helped me to view my problems from a different perspective. As a result I no longer feel obligated to accept entirely all the negativity and criticisms that people direct at me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. James C. Van Doren's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Van Doren is board certified psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience. He graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his psychiatric residency training at the University of Arizona. He has a broad background with extensive experience in treating anxiety, depression, bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders, chemical dependency as well as most forms of mental illness. He has worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Van Doren is an advocate for mental health. He believes that excellent mental health care requires a balanced approach which addresses the mind, body, spirit and community.

• English

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

• BCBS Texas