Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James C. Van Doren

I really appreciate Dr. Van Doren's punctuality outside of office visits. Always quick to respond, very attentive, and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I appreciate Dr. Van Doren's concern and attention to detail, he is a true professional you can connect with.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

A good fit for me .

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I came to see Dr. Van Doren after trying to find the best treatment plan for my complex behavioral health condition. He took the time to understand my history and my questions and concerns. He reassured me that I was in the right path and we came up with a plan to move forward with my treatment. His communication and compassion are outstanding. He is definitely the right psychiatrist for me at this very difficult point in my treatment.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I suffer from ADD, anxiety, panic attacks & depression. Dr. Van Doren is nonjudgmental and a good listener - in my opinion these are essential qualities for a mental health professional. He asked questions and offered information at appropriate times during our conversations - this helped me to view my problems from a different perspective. As a result I no longer feel obligated to accept entirely all the negativity and criticisms that people direct at me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Van Doren is accommodating, kind and professional. I trust his judgment and value his opinion.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Finally found the right doc for me. I have been seeing Dr. Van Doren for several months and I am feeling so much better. He has found the combination of medications and has been working closely with my therapist. It really appreciate having the option to follow up online. Telepsychiatry with Dr. Van Doren has saved me from missing several afternoons of work.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Professional, educated, appropriately inquisitive and thorough ~ he was willing to work on a treatment plan that I could afford while explaining his recommendations for any underlying conditions so I can be made aware of my potential situation; I am very open-minded to accepting his future advice and working with him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I finally found a doctor that understands! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. James C. Van Doren's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is always nice to hear

Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Van Doren is understanding, patient, and caring. His telepsychiatry worked perfectly for me since I work open to close everyday running my small biz and can't find the time to leave work. I felt very safe privately sharing my mental concerns - he really cares and listens to his patients. I recommend him to any busy professional out there. He really goes the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of, putting your needs and well being first. His treatment changed my life. Thank you, Doc!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. James C. Van Doren's response
Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Van Doren. He strives to give the patient care that you deserve.

Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. James C. Van Doren's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Van Doren is board certified psychiatrist with over 15 years of clinical experience. He graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his psychiatric residency training at the University of Arizona. He has a broad background with extensive experience in treating anxiety, depression, bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, personality disorders, chemical dependency as well as most forms of mental illness. He has worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Dr. Van Doren is an advocate for mental health. He believes that excellent mental health care requires a balanced approach which addresses the mind, body, spirit and community.

• English

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Eden Prairie, MN