Ratings for Dr. Helen L. Slone

Warring do not go there because stupid rule about appointment if you missed it she wont accept you back again. What a dumb I never heard of it. Also when I tell Dr. Sloan doesn't listen to my concerns about my age when I was 2 year old and I was raise must have some sugar and she mad told me this and that. Even not explaining to her why. She is rude! Plus I'm deaf and need a interpreter too never did.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Sloan doesn't listen to my concerns. Both my nutritionist and my primary physician say to tell her to change my medication and she doesn't listen. I am looking for another endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

It has been many years since Dr. Slone has been my endocrinologist, but I will never forget a conversation I had with her that almost, and maybe already has, ruined my life. I am type 1 diabetic, diagnosed at an early age. In my late teenage years my diabetes, unfortunately, was not my number one priority. I always dreaded going to Dr. Slone, because I felt ashamed. She never made it easy on me, which is not the point of this review, I know she was trying to give me "tough love". After several years of uncontrolled diabetes Dr. Slone told me that "the damage was already done". I was no more than 21 at the time. This comment never left the back of my mind. For several more years I thought that it wasn't worth taking care of myself because "the damage was already done", and I was scared to even go to a GP because I just knew that my liver and kidney function tests were going to come back abnormal and I'd have to admit that I wasn't a "good diabetic". I was even more afraid to seek help from another endocrinologist. It took me 5 years to finally work up the nerve to see another endocrinologist. I've been a "good diabetic" for over 2 years now. Dr. Helen Slone gave up on me and made me give up on myself. I'm sure she's great if you are a controlled diabetic and only has to give you a script and chat with you about winter sports for your 3 minute long appointment. I hope that Dr. Slone has changed her bedside manner, and if she hasn't, that she reads this and changes it.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Awful! My mother and I have both left her, and have sought 2nd opinions... She is clearly only in the job to fund her ski trips (ski stuff ALL over office, it's obnoxious). Firstly, it's cash only payment (Welcome to the 21st century Doc!). She diagnosed me diabetic without explaining a thing, setting me up for a diabetic education course or giving me further instruction to care for myself (should be considered MALPRACTICE). As if the diagnosis wasn't traumatic enough...

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

This doctor is the worst, bad bedside manners, she rushes me, communication is poor. She has not taking my a1c within the last 12 month's. Why is she a doctor?? She needs to go into another profession, like not dealing with people.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

My husband and I had a new patient appointment to treat our diabetes. She explained exactly how to eat and how to take our medications to best control our blood sugars. She is the first doctor we have had an appointment with that explained things so clearly.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

The staff was great. Very helpful. The doctor was fantastic. She answered all my questions. Adjusted my medications and now I feel better than ever.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

staff was friendly and helpful. doctor answered all my questions and explained everything

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Doctor was helpful and knowlegeable, but her staff would not even let me speak to her on the phone after I was hospitalized, and had very urgent blood sugar problems which needed to be addressed immediately. I was abandoned by her and had to find a new endocrinologist urgently. I think the problem was unsupervised office staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

The staff is nicer than the Dr. she is quick. I heard one woman on the way out say "this is the fastest Dr app I ever had". Well I think I beat her. She looked @ my blood work gave me a script to change my meds. DONE!!! make another Dr appt.... I don't think so.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

Dr. Helen L. Slone's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1987)

Coventry Healthcare